Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Re: Freeview Box

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I wouldn't be able to find 12 separate programmes that I want to watch at the same time EVER .....
No-one watches programmes at the same time Omah.

They get the Digibox to record ALL their favourite shows and then watch them one by one at a later date.

If your Digibox only has 2 tuners and is underpowered then you will typically miss programmes that you wanted to record.

Most people will be wanting to record lots of different series.
Those series often conflict with each other.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Looks like you pay for all that realist, our humax was under £100 less than a third of the price of yours. Get what you pay for I guess and for many of us the cheaper option is only one we can afford.
You do indeed get what you pay for and affordability is simply about priorities in life. You spend over £780 a year on broadband and mobile phone contracts ! Your choice.

I choose not to spend that kind of money on phone contracts. I prefer to get value for money from what I buy and see Sky boxes and weak powered 2 tuner digi boxes as a waste of money.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No-one watches programmes at the same time Omah.
I said "want to watch"

They get the Digibox to record ALL their favourite shows and then watch them one by one at a later date.

Most people will be wanting to record lots of different series.
Those series often conflict with each other.
Have you just learned that? I started doing that in the 1980's with VHS recorders .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Thanks Guys, You've given me a lot to think about. Appreciate it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

07-12-2018, 11:44 AM

I said "want to watch"
What you said was:

I wouldn't be able to find 12 separate programmes that I want to watch at the same time EVER .
and that statement makes absolutely no sense at all because no-one ever wants to watch 12 programmes at the same time. They would need 12 separate TVs to do so.

What you presumably actually meant was:

"I wouldn't be able to find 12 separate programmes that I want to RECORD at the same time EVER"

And that's fine, but there ARE many people who WOULD want to be able to record say 5 or 6 programmes at the same time. Crime lovers will want to record episodes of:

CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, NCIS, Vera, DCI Banks, Wire In The Blood

just as examples.

At the same time they might also be fans of :

X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, I'm A Celebrity

and so on.

Very often all of these requirements result in conflicts because they can be on at the same time. A low spec 2 tuner digibox simply can't cope with that number of programmes IF they are broadcast at the same time.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:46 AM

We find the Humax with 2 tuners powerful enough for our needs. I don't think we would have the time to watch all the recordings from 3 tuners recording multiple channels at the same time.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:48 AM

What you presumably actually meant was:

"I wouldn't be able to find 12 separate programmes that I want to RECORD at the same time EVER"
You are too presumptuous .....

I would only want to record them if I wanted to watch them .....

There may, of course, be people or organisations who want to record transmissions for posterity only .....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

07-12-2018, 11:59 AM

You are too presumptuous .....

I would only want to record them if I wanted to watch them .....
So let me get this straight, are you saying that as a minimum there are times when you want to watch just 2 programmes at the same time?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-12-2018, 12:04 PM

So let me get this straight, are you saying that as a minimum there are times when you want to watch just 2 programmes at the same time?
No. I'm saying "I wouldn't be able to find 12 separate programmes that I want to watch at the same time EVER."

What I will say is that I rarely watch or record "live" TV channel output because, IMO, it's so dire .....

So, I only record "live" TV channel output to watch later - there is rarely a conflict of choice ..... it's just ONE programme .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:46 PM

You do indeed get what you pay for and affordability is simply about priorities in life. You spend over £780 a year on broadband and mobile phone contracts ! Your choice.

I choose not to spend that kind of money on phone contracts. I prefer to get value for money from what I buy and see Sky boxes and weak powered 2 tuner digi boxes as a waste of money.
You make that sound expensive but there are 4 of us sharing that package. 4 of us paying for it, well 3 grace isn't working yet If I were alone I'd have a far smaller package, or even as a couple we would, but with 4 of us we think that's not a bad price to pay for what we get. Books, TV and films, free pandp and home phone, mobile phones (4) and music too. Sounds a good deal to me. And it's actually £600 a year not over £780

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top