Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Re: Third Party Only

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes Julie, doesn’t matter how careful a driver he is insurance companies see him as a high risk, does he have a black box fitted, may be worth looking into if not
Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Has he thought of having a "black box" fitted the insurance company can monitor his driving and charge accordingly?
Thank you both I'll mention it to him see what he wants to do.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
My motor insurance is up for renewal by January the Seventh. The premium for Compressive Cover now comes to £1,096.00!
OK, what have you done ?!

Previous claims by any chance?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Thank you summer - I have just saved myself something like £400! It is really easy.
Comparison sites rarely imo offer the same deals as the actual insurance companies. The devil is in the detail and it's that detail that will bite you when you most need it when filing a claim.

In today's crazy world I would never consider 3rd Party only. There are too many drink/drug drivers and so many uninsured drivers that you'd come unstuck. I got rear shunted 2 years ago. Driver turned out to be a young lad using dad's company car for which he was uninsured. My insurance paid me out straight away,

Whatever you MrMagoo I strongly advise you to invest in TWO dash cams, the smaller and more discrete the better (not those Nextbase units). You need one up front and one pointing out the back window for the rear end shunts.

Any time you need to claim these cameras will be life savers. They will prove the car reg, the driver, what they were doing, whether they were on a mobile etc etc.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 11:57 PM

we had a quote for renewal with LV. Being "street wise" we entered a comparison site which quoted far less with the same company same protection.
So contacted LV by phone and mentioned the comparison quote which they looked up with the ref number we gave.

Believe it or not they even beat that with a lower quote and what is more £10 less than we paid last year

My advice is do the same then challenge them, they will reduce the price to get your business

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top