Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:15 PM

Re: Missy's tears

There are many products for taking those tear stains away. My schnoodle gets them all the time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:46 AM

Julie, My black poodle didn’t suffer from tear stained eyes, so l can’t really advise.
I just thought it went with the colouring of the poodle’s coat as it showed more wth a lighter colour?

I wish you hadn’t started this thread, as it makes me want to get another poodle!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Julie, My black poodle didn’t suffer from tear stained eyes, so l can’t really advise.
I just thought it went with the colouring of the poodle’s coat as it showed more wth a lighter colour?

I wish you hadn’t started this thread, as it makes me want to get another poodle!

Would you consider taking on an older one in need of a warm, loving home for his last few years, Art?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have optrex in stock so I'll try that thank you !

Don't forget to dilute it, Julie.

Let us know how it goes. Works for my old gal a treat.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't forget to dilute it, Julie.

Let us know how it goes. Works for my old gal a treat.
Doing before bed so we don't forget. And yes we diluted it and I think she enjoyed the sensation, she loves her head rubbing and adores her ears rubbing. Some dogs not so keen on that so at some point she's had a gentle owner IMO
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 09:44 PM

Holly doesn’t get the tear stains, but the black bits by her eyes. She doesn’t like me brushing them out, though I try wiping them away with wet wipes. Does anyone have better ideas please? Thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-12-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Holly doesn’t get the tear stains, but the black bits by her eyes. She doesn’t like me brushing them out, though I try wiping them away with wet wipes. Does anyone have better ideas please? Thanks.

Do you mean those little 'crusty' bits that stick to the fur, Jazzi?

Young Gertie gets those sometimes, and I just pick them off while they are tiny. It helps if I keep the hair trimmed around her eyes too, then they've got nothing to cling to.

Meg might have some better ideas?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 11:43 PM

Yes, those, Mups. I’m a bit squeamish to pluck them off with fingers, preferring to have something in between. Realised that somewhere I have a packet of eye wipes from PaH. Like I have a pack of doggy wipes.

Where the flip are they?!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes, those, Mups. I’m a bit squeamish to pluck them off with fingers, preferring to have something in between. Realised that somewhere I have a packet of eye wipes from PaH. Like I have a pack of doggy wipes.

Where the flip are they?!!

If you don't fancy pulling them off Jazzi, you could always put a fine tooth comb behind the bobble (like you would behind a knot), then using those tiny rounded tip scissors, snip the lump off when it sticks through the comb.

The comb will protect her eye from the scissors too, and it only takes a second to snip as long as she will sit still for you.

Make sure you have the little safety scissors, like these.
They are not expensive and they are handy.
Good luck.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...-face-scissors
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-12-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If you don't fancy pulling them off Jazzi, you could always put a fine tooth comb behind the bobble (like you would behind a knot), then using those tiny rounded tip scissors, snip the lump off when it sticks through the comb.

The comb will protect her eye from the scissors too, and it only takes a second to snip as long as she will sit still for you.

Make sure you have the little safety scissors, like these.
They are not expensive and they are handy.
Good luck.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...-face-scissors

Sorry Jazzi, just thought about this more.
Gertie's 'crusts' are on the hair nearly an inch away from the eye where stuff runs down the hair shaft then dries on the tip of hair, that's why I can easily nip them off. But if Holly's are stuck on the inner corner of the eye itself, you can't use the scissors of course.

I wouldn't waste money on wipes, with my oldest one who does this I just bath the corners with cotton wool dipped in some cooled boiled water. It soon comes off if you bathe it enough.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top