Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 07:52 AM

Re: Help to sleep

I usually try to think about something boring, like my journey to work as in unlocking the car, getting in, starting up, driving, arriving etc. I used to fall asleep before I got into second gear most nights.

This morning was bad though, I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. However I think this is due to stress and various issues I'm having at the moment.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 08:22 AM

Hot chocolate with a good slug of brandy, and nutmeg grated on top - works every time!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 08:33 AM

I use a SAD lamp. Originally intended to help Seasonal Affective Disorder (winter depression) it was discovered they also helped people to sleep better.

I use mine half an hour a day & my sleep time has increased from four hours to six.

I suffer from trochanteric bursitis & I notice if I take a painkiller at night I sleep even better, maybe as long as nine hours - not to be recommended though!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 08:56 AM

I took advice and found an old jar of Kalms - took one of those and feel as though I slept really well! My Fitbit tells me I slept for 6 hours and 49 minutes, which sounds good to me.
Also took other advice and used earplugs and an eye mask.

Am off walking this morning and hoping my energy lasts..........
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:44 AM

Years ago i could not sleep . I bought a cd player and a speaking guided meditation . I found by tuning into the speaking meditation i could not think at the same time, my mind just seemed to listen and i would fall asleep .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Years ago i could not sleep . I bought a cd player and a speaking guided meditation . I found by tuning into the speaking meditation i could not think at the same time, my mind just seemed to listen and i would fall asleep .
Father Christmas is bringing me Alexa, so she can read me a story!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 05:23 PM

Lindyloo Alexa will be perfect to read you a guided meditation I'm sure it will help , not just music though it has to speak to you
Lindyloo
isle of wight

23-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Lindyloo Alexa will be perfect to read you a guided meditation I'm sure it will help , not just music though it has to speak to you
I suspect and hope that Alexa will come in handy for all kinds of things..........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Father Christmas is bringing me Alexa, so she can read me a story!!
Only if you are sleeping Lindyloo, no peeking.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 09:59 PM

I also use a CD player, with various discs playing relaxing meditative music, or someone speaking in a monotonous voice. I'm a shocking sleeper, made even worse by her indoors, sleeping like a log! Hypnos Beds sent me an e-mail, containing this track.

https://soundcloud.com/user-40098991...ep-with-hypnos

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top