Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 06:55 PM

Re: Feeling cold all the time

I too feel the cold all the time, especially my hands. I've taken to wearing thermals this year. Sometimes it can be you are lacking iron in your blood. Worth a blood test just to make sure nothing lacking.
Frieda
Southeast USA
Frieda is female 

29-12-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Lesley, there are a lot of reasons why you feel cold all the time.

1) Thyroid problems.
2) Diabetes.
3) Thin Blood.
4) Medication.

A simple blood test should give you the answer, please make an appointment to see your Doctor.
This^^^

DH has a stent and must forever take blood thinner meds.

We were always pretty equal on temperature control until his heart attack. Now it is common for me to be in a tank top & shorts, and DH dressed in sweats & a hoodie to do barn chores at night

Unless you are on blood thinner meds, it really would be best to get some blood work done
lesleylogan1968
Scotland
lesleylogan1968 is female 

29-12-2018, 07:42 PM

I do intend to go and see my GP early in the new year.

2-3 years ago I had a thyroid test done and was told at the time everything was fine.
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

29-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was thinking the same either thin blood or small veins. I notice you live in Scotland Leslie so it's going to be cold wherever you go.
Yes it is always cold up here at the best of times lol
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 07:52 PM

I'm another cold person Lesley , I just love heat and feeling warm . My mother moaned at me when I was a kid always telling me to wear a vest , I was horrified , now I am always wearing a vest !

I spent 4 yrs growing up in Aden a very hot country and think my body got used to it .

Friends keep telling my my house is too hot but not for me . Obviously it might be worth a docs app but as for me I know it's just my body . My feet are often cold too , perhaps it's best I sleep.alone as I always wrapped my feet around ex hubby who constantly moaned .

Now where's my hot water bottle
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

29-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'm another cold person Lesley , I just love heat and feeling warm . My mother moaned at me when I was a kid always telling me to wear a vest , I was horrified , now I am always wearing a vest !

I spent 4 yrs growing up in Aden a very hot country and think my body got used to it .

Friends keep telling my my house is too hot but not for me . Obviously it might be worth a docs app but as for me I know it's just my body . My feet are often cold too , perhaps it's best I sleep.alone as I always wrapped my feet around ex hubby who constantly moaned .

Now where's my hot water bottle
Glad it is not just me who feels like it lol

I am forever in layers at this time of year, my feet get cold too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 07:59 PM

I have lived most of my life in the tropics and always feel cold .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 08:02 PM

I feel the cold more this year than I have any other. I'm sat here now with the heating on and a fleece on top of my wool jumper and I still feel shivery.

Maybe it's a sign of getting older
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

29-12-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I feel the cold more this year than I have any other. I'm sat here now with the heating on and a fleece on top of my wool jumper and I still feel shivery.

Maybe it's a sign of getting older
Oh same here, I seem to get colder every year.

I bundle up though I probably take it to extremes. I have on a blouse, cardigan, trousers, wooly tights underneath the trousers and boots as well.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 08:44 PM

Have hit 76 and I do feel the cold. AT times.

For some persons of my age the rule of thumb was to keep the house at 22c.

I have my heating set at that BUT still ware warm clothing.

Feel warmer when the sun is shinning.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top