Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 06:22 PM

Mary Poppins Returns

Sat in the cinema with my best friend, started watching Mary Poppins Returns thinking, hmmm this isn't going to be as good as the Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews, but then I realise I shouldn't compare, it's a different movie.

Absolutely DELIGHTFUL...... in the most delightful way!

The acting, the singing, the dancing, the choreography was just magical.

I suggest if you have grandchildren/greatauntchildren that you let them take you to the cinema to see this wonderful movie.

It truly takes you back to your childhood.

Meryl Streep was fabulous and I got quite emotional when Dick Van Dyke made his appearance. I didn't know the actor who played Jack but oh boy was he good. Emily Blunt was a fab Mary and Julie Walters and Angela Lansbury were great, in fact I can't fault any of the cast including the children.

I wanted to join in the singing and the dancing, I clapped at the end of the movie and people followed suit!

In the words of Emily Blunt
"The world is fragile right now, and people need a film like this,"

Never truer words spoken.

Go see it, go on, you know you want to man or woman!
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

01-01-2019, 07:21 PM

Re: Mary Poppins Returns

I'm not a great 'musical' lover but there have been one or two I have seen and really enjoyed - the original Mary Poppins is among these.

Unfortunately, I don't have grandchildren and there aren't anyone else's that I can 'borrow' for the afternoon

I guess you tube isn't an option either
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nan ->
I'm not a great 'musical' lover but there have been one or two I have seen and really enjoyed - the original Mary Poppins is among these.

Unfortunately, I don't have grandchildren and there aren't anyone else's that I can 'borrow' for the afternoon

I guess you tube isn't an option either
I don't have grandchildren either so I grabbed the next best thing, my best friend who is an child posing as an adult LOL
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

02-01-2019, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't have grandchildren either so I grabbed the next best thing, my best friend who is an child posing as an adult LOL
Wonder if there is a qualifying age at which you can be verified as having reached your 'second childhood'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 10:52 AM

It'll be on tv within a couple of years, I'll wait to see it then. Oddly I have a child but her reaction to musicals isn't favourable, she absolutely hates them.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sat in the cinema with my best friend, started watching Mary Poppins Returns thinking, hmmm this isn't going to be as good as the Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews, but then I realise I shouldn't compare, it's a different movie.

Absolutely DELIGHTFUL...... in the most delightful way!

The acting, the singing, the dancing, the choreography was just magical.

I suggest if you have grandchildren/greatauntchildren that you let them take you to the cinema to see this wonderful movie.

It truly takes you back to your childhood.

Meryl Streep was fabulous and I got quite emotional when Dick Van Dyke made his appearance. I didn't know the actor who played Jack but oh boy was he good. Emily Blunt was a fab Mary and Julie Walters and Angela Lansbury were great, in fact I can't fault any of the cast including the children.

I wanted to join in the singing and the dancing, I clapped at the end of the movie and people followed suit!

In the words of Emily Blunt
"The world is fragile right now, and people need a film like this,"

Never truer words spoken.

Go see it, go on, you know you want to man or woman!
There you go...what did I say, flippin' magic from start to finish!

Spontaneous applause in my cinema too...I actually much preferred it to the original, Emily's Mary was far truer to the books.

Just go!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 02:54 PM

I do quite like Emily Blunt. She was great in The Adjustment Bureau.

This new Poppins film will be on TV in no time imo so I will catch in then.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top