Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 01:49 PM

Re: Luther is back

Another series that really should not have come back, the story-lines were weak, the continuity was appalling, mistakes abounded in this.
Yet again the BBC has shown it does not have clue when to stop.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Regarding the violence in this series, it seems it is not just me who doesn't like it.

In today's paper it says:

"They have received a raft of complaints over the latest series - which has featured 37 violent and gory incidents in just three hours.

"This week's first three episodes included 50 gunshots, 16 stabbings, 20 punches, five electrocutions, and 11 dead bodies."

Bit too much for me I'm afraid, sorry folks - inspite of the rather handsome Idris.
Mups I couldn't even watch the trailer!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 08:22 AM

I detach myself from the violence I know it's not real so it's just part of the story.

Real violence stuff on the news that sort of thing...that bothers me but stories like Luther are just that to me...stories sometimes well done sometimes not.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I detach myself from the violence I know it's not real so it's just part of the story.

Real violence stuff on the news that sort of thing...that bothers me but stories like Luther are just that to me...stories sometimes well done sometimes not.
Agree!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 11:33 AM

It's not knowing if we can talk about the plot and the outcome that is a problem for us with TV programmes.
I'll just say that I love the series and have now watched all five series. This current one was well up its usual standard and had some good plot twists and excellent acting.
When everybody has watched it, I'll talk some more
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 12:16 PM

I’ve not watched the end yet, but don’t have a lot left to view, of final ep.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's not knowing if we can talk about the plot and the outcome that is a problem for us with TV programmes.
I'll just say that I love the series and have now watched all five series. This current one was well up its usual standard and had some good plot twists and excellent acting.
When everybody has watched it, I'll talk some more
I usually avoid these threads if I have not finished watching something. It reminds me of the time I told my work mates I was going to the cinema to see The perfect storm that evening and one of them really did say 'I've seen it, I can't believe they all died in the end.'

Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 01:06 PM

Well, I watched it all last night and loved it, but that's me, I like a bit of blood and guts and action.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I usually avoid these threads if I have not finished watching something. It reminds me of the time I told my work mates I was going to the cinema to see The perfect storm that evening and one of them really did say 'I've seen it, I can't believe they all died in the end.'

Oh no. I was going to watch The perfect Storm right now actually. I've never seen it and everybody tells me to watch out for an amazing ending in which maybe everybody dies but maybe they don't.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh no. I was going to watch The perfect Storm right now actually. I've never seen it and everybody tells me to watch out for an amazing ending in which maybe everybody dies but maybe they don't.
I think there is a time limit on spoilers.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top