Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Re: Caught at last

Originally Posted by JBR ->
"I don't have a mobile phone; I can't afford one. In fact, I have so little money that I shall be obliged to claim legal support and shall certainly be unable to pay any fines you seem to want me to cough up. If you prefer to push the matter further, I shall be pleased to go to prison and have a nice warm bed and free meals, both of which I cannot afford right now."
Have you never watched 'Can't Pay, We'll Take it Away' JB.....? You may be discharged from prison to find Marge living in a cardboard box.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Have you never watched 'Can't Pay, We'll Take it Away' JB.....? You may be discharged from prison to find Marge living in a cardboard box.....
A cardboard box?

We should be so lucky. We live in a brown paper bag in a septic tank.
I have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t'mill for fourteen hours a day week in week out.

But we're happy.

(http://www.montypython.net/scripts/4york.php)
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sounds the wrong way round Primus.

It was our Sat Nav that proved that our speedo was set 3mpm faster than our actual speed. i.e. If the Sat Nav shows speed as 70mph the speedo will be showing 73mph.
Just seeing how long it would take you to spot that realist,
Yes wrong way round
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:14 PM

A cardboard box?

We should be so lucky. We live in a brown paper bag in a septic tank.
I have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t'mill for fourteen hours a day week in week out.

But we're happy.

(http://www.montypython.net/scripts/4york.php)
You lucky lucky bastard, you kids don’t know you are born, in my day etc etc
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:15 PM

"I don't have a mobile phone; I can't afford one. In fact, I have so little money that I shall be obliged to claim legal support and shall certainly be unable to pay any fines you seem to want me to cough up. If you prefer to push the matter further, I shall be pleased to go to prison and have a nice warm bed and free meals, both of which I cannot afford right now."
They send the nip to the registered keeper, who, if wasn’t driving has to disclose who was, or they will get the fine
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:41 PM

No chance at all you'll get a fine Galty.

You will be offered a Speed Awareness Course which will cost you about £90.

Accept and it won't be reported to the police and you don't have to report it to your insurance either.

The course will last about 4 hrs and will be light hearted but essentially a load of carp. You just have to sit through it and play along.

There is a huge push at the moment to generate £millions from this whole speeding scam. They have no real interest in stopping you speeding. They just want millions of people paying £90 a crack.

Last year there were well over a million people on these courses in the UK. That's some £100 million going to these gits. About a 3rd of it goes to the police. The rest is for the private companies operating this whole scam.

You will find that its hard to get on a course any time soon. The private companies keep sending out the detector camera vans to catch a steady stream of people in easy target locations. It's usual to get a course 2-3 weeks in the future.

The whole thing stinks but it is what it is. Abuse of authority to generate £millions because the police funding has been cut so much.
Spot on sunshine.

Have been give three options.

Speed awareness course.
OR

Fine £100 and 3 points.

OR

Go before the Magistrates.

Max £1000 and 6 points.

Think I will pick the speed awareness course.

A mate (Yes I have a mate) has been on 3 and says its a laugh
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:29 PM

No chance at all you'll get a fine Galty.

You will be offered a Speed Awareness Course which will cost you about £90.

Accept and it won't be reported to the police and you don't have to report it to your insurance either.

The course will last about 4 hrs and will be light hearted but essentially a load of carp. You just have to sit through it and play along.

There is a huge push at the moment to generate £millions from this whole speeding scam. They have no real interest in stopping you speeding. They just want millions of people paying £90 a crack.

Last year there were well over a million people on these courses in the UK. That's some £100 million going to these gits.

You will find that its hard to get on a course any time soon. The private companies keep sending out the detector camera vans to catch a steady stream of people in easy target locations. It's usual to get a course 2-3 weeks in the future.

The whole thing stinks but it is what it is. Abuse of authority to generate £millions because the police funding has been cut so much.
Just done the course interesting

After the introduction.

They asked how many were court for in a 20 mile zone for speed 3 people put their hands up(a few London broughers have all their roads set at 20 mils limet

They went on to say the number of deaths and the injured that speeding causes.

And then a lot was about road signs.

OK SO

My offense was I hit traffic light as it turned amber so I speeded up and passed before it hit red light

Thought when I opened the letter I was WAS NOT done for jumping a red light...no IT was for speeding(39)

No markings on the road as the old cams take two pictures to determine the speed you where going.

So I asked about this on the course.

Was told on the course that the camera I( was caught on )was first use from last year and is digital now can estimemate your speed that instant as you pass it.

Morale to this story is those white lines in the road will disappear with these new cameras they have you by the bollocks and more will be court because no white lines in future to give them away

PS a very nice interesting day.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Just like Galty, I was caught speeding (via camera) a couple of years ago, and a very similar 7 or so mph over the limit. Marge did the same. Neither of us had ever been caught before despite many years of driving.

If it weren't for the money-making aspect of the system, I believe that a written or perhaps even verbal warning would have been suitable for us and others like us.

The idiots who think nothing of speeding dangerously faster than the posted limits, and doing it on a regular basis, are the real ones who ought to be prosecuted and punished severely.

Strangely, though, you hear of some people still driving after having been given perhaps a dozen or more points on their licence.

Money, money, money.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 11:40 PM

I have still have no speeding fines, parking tickets or any motoring offence, in fact because I am such a good boy I can now lose 13 points off my licence rather than 12.

It has to be said that in my younger days my clean driving record was more by good luck and keeping a keen eye on my mirror than by safe motoring. These days speed limits are no longer a challenge.

Cruise control is the key, I would estimate that at least 95% of my driving is on cruise control even in built up areas (on the open road it would be nearer 100%). I use my satnav on a flat stretch of road to set it accurately to 1 or 2 kph below the speed limit though by now I am pretty familiar with my speedo's error (eg 110kph = 117kph on the speedo)
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

19-02-2019, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have still have no speeding fines, parking tickets or any motoring offence, in fact because I am such a good boy I can now lose 13 points off my licence rather than 12.

It has to be said that in my younger days my clean driving record was more by good luck and keeping a keen eye on my mirror than by safe motoring. These days speed limits are no longer a challenge.

Cruise control is the key, I would estimate that at least 95% of my driving is on cruise control even in built up areas (on the open road it would be nearer 100%). I use my satnav on a flat stretch of road to set it accurately to 1 or 2 kph below the speed limit though by now I am pretty familiar with my speedo's error (eg 110kph = 117kph on the speedo)
Never had a car with cruise control.

There is a three lane road called the A13 which I use a lot.

Which over a 5 mile+ stretch goes from 40 to 50 to 70 then down to 50 then up to 70.

So how does cruise control work with that?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top