Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:59 PM

Re: from China

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That is all true BUT irrelevant, China is still a command economy and Britain is not.

BTW China is our biggest trading partner 29% of our exports going to China (Japan is next with 13% then USA 7%). It used to be said that the USA sneezes Australia catches cold now it is China.
The Chinese are also our top overseas visitors having over taken the Kiwis - 1.4 million visited last year and Australians with Chinese ancestry make up 6% of our resident population (at least twice as many more Chinese that Aboriginals).
Could you please explain why there are 476 Chinese Billionaires in China including 135 Female Billionaires
Don't tell me they are Government controlled,
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Could you please explain why there are 476 Chinese Billionaires in China including 135 Female Billionaires
Don't tell me they are Government controlled,
Why would a command economy exclude billionaires? Obey the rules, they are fine, don't obey the rules even billionaires disappear.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45806904
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why would a command economy exclude billionaires?
They are self made and have formed their own Companies without and intervention and will pay a great deal of tax to help the economy. They did not need commanding
The Chinese Government are proud of them,and would not exclude them.
A credit to to their Country

in many other Countries people disappear for no reason especially if the Dictator does not like you

Even in UK if you do not follow Company Rules, or Health and Safety Rules there are heavy fines and sometimes Jail as well.

Good Night
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
ordered a small item £1.18 for one of my cameras. Looking up where it is coming from is China. Surely it is going to cost more in postage than the item is worth.

The only thing I can think of is it is giving employment to someone and they would rather sell it than anyone else sell it.

Weird or what?
Has it arrived yet? I occasionally buy craft dies from China - only had one go astray and a replacement was sent for me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:37 AM

I've bought clothes and you are right Azure buy at least two sizes larger than you would at home and expect a slow delivery i ordered long summer dresses and I was pleased with the quality.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top