Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:10 AM

Re: Should we have another referendum

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Absolutely not I was pondering what questions to ask. My vote would be no deal go onto WTO rules that frankly aren't as scary as some people want us to believe and see where we are after that.
Hi

If WTO Rules are so good why have 163 out of the 164 WTO Members got free trade deals?

We will be joining a very elite group if we have a No Deal, the UK and Mauritania.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Shoot first ask questions later .... that's the Cameron approach.

The two years arguing and the £129million down the drain should have been before the first referendum.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Shoot first ask questions later .... that's the Cameron approach.

The two years arguing and the £129million down the drain should have been before the first referendum.
The two years arguing should have happened before invoking Article 50, so that negotiations would then have taken place with a largely united front instead of the ramshackle embarrassment we have now.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If WTO Rules are so good why have 163 out of the 164 WTO Members got free trade deals?
This is excellent news, since it implies that the UK will be able to get free trade deals too.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:18 AM

I think we have been messed around enough . The government have badly let us down .

No

Out means out . Im shocked at the amount of money we have paid out , think what that could have done for our own country

I dont know if i will ever vote again
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The vote was leave, so leave we should.
I wonder if it had gone the other way would the leavers be bitching about another referendum. I doubt it, they would have accepted that was what the majority of our people want.
Far from it ... as I remember it UKIP was gaining popularity and Dave knew in the coming election the Tory vote would be split between conservative /UKIP and labour would win by default so he said vote for me and il give a referendum ... so parliament voted and ( the EU also said these same words ) that a referendum will be held ... A ONCE ONLY AFFAIR AND THE RESULT WILL BE LEGALLY BINDING AND WILL NOT BR HELD AGAIN .... obviously the self serving elite never in their wildest dreams thought they would lose , so THEY ANNOUNCED before it was even held that losers won’t be given a second chance as they wanted rid of farage and UKIP once and for all ....
Now all of a sudden the self servers are suddenly saying the government can’t make the decision and it has to go before parliament again ( hence the vote on TM sorry deal she has wasted two years brexit preparation on ) and that the self servers will not ALLOW A NO DEAL BREXIT ..... sorry state of affairs when they keep moving the goal posts and forget they are there first and foremost to carry the will of the people ...I fear their actions will indeed stop brexit ( even if TMs deal somehow got through at the last minute we all know it isn’t brexit and that the EU won’t then ever allow us to leave ) so quite what will happen in the longer term is anyone’s guess but if one constant thing is running alongside brexit that hasn’t been mentioned it’s the fact ‘the problem won’t go away ‘ ... remainers may well have twisted brexit to soft brexit to no brexit ... the MPs themselves have changed it ... even the little **** bercow has changed the rules themselves to thwart brexit .... but have the people changed? I see trouble and unrest in this country after ‘brexit doesn’t happen’ for years and years as the cowards simply didn’t play by the rules , the rules as I explained earlier .... the very rules they selves made before the referendum

https://youtu.be/eqD7DOeqS8U

https://youtu.be/DF8Ab3kqprg
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 11:37 AM

Whatever the outcome of the referendum, the UK was always on for a hiding to nothing afterwards. Voting remain would have given us a weaker position in any negotiations/input involving the EU as we'd have stated unequivocally that we're in the club for ever more and the threat of leaving would no longer exist.

All in all, the whole thing has been an utter hash and our MP's have continued to help the UK lose credibility through its dithering and internal politics.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
This is excellent news, since it implies that the UK will be able to get free trade deals too.
Hi

We will in time.

No Deal however means we leave all the 40 odd we have as part of the EU.

We simply do not have the resources to replicate these quickly.

I do not agree with May's Deal, but I see nothing wrong in having a simple free Trade Deal with the EU, it was offered and we refused it.

It is good enough for Japan, Korea and the 40 or so others, so why is it not good enough for the UK?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Far from it ... as I remember it UKIP was gaining popularity and Dave knew in the coming election the Tory vote would be split between conservative /UKIP and labour would win by default so he said vote for me and il give a referendum ... so parliament voted and ( the EU also said these same words ) that a referendum will be held ... A ONCE ONLY AFFAIR AND THE RESULT WILL BE LEGALLY BINDING AND WILL NOT BR HELD AGAIN .... obviously the self serving elite never in their wildest dreams thought they would lose , so THEY ANNOUNCED before it was even held that losers won’t be given a second chance as they wanted rid of farage and UKIP once and for all ....
Now all of a sudden the self servers are suddenly saying the government can’t make the decision and it has to go before parliament again ( hence the vote on TM sorry deal she has wasted two years brexit preparation on ) and that the self servers will not ALLOW A NO DEAL BREXIT ..... sorry state of affairs when they keep moving the goal posts and forget they are there first and foremost to carry the will of the people ...I fear their actions will indeed stop brexit ( even if TMs deal somehow got through at the last minute we all know it isn’t brexit and that the EU won’t then ever allow us to leave ) so quite what will happen in the longer term is anyone’s guess but if one constant thing is running alongside brexit that hasn’t been mentioned it’s the fact ‘the problem won’t go away ‘ ... remainers may well have twisted brexit to soft brexit to no brexit ... the MPs themselves have changed it ... even the little **** bercow has changed the rules themselves to thwart brexit .... but have the people changed? I see trouble and unrest in this country after ‘brexit doesn’t happen’ for years and years as the cowards simply didn’t play by the rules , the rules as I explained earlier .... the very rules they selves made before the referendum

https://youtu.be/eqD7DOeqS8U

https://youtu.be/DF8Ab3kqprg
Very Good Post, Marm!

Personally, I'm very glad that Cameron, however mistakenly, gave us the chance to suggest whether we wanted to in or out.

The result not only shattered the Government complacency but it also caused us to look at the workings, of the MPs, EU, etc. with a lot more interest.

All of us are more educated now, about who represents us, and maybe improvements, and better representation, might come about as a result.

Hopefully, no more "In Out, In Out, Shake it all about"
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Hi

We will in time.

No Deal however means we leave all the 40 odd we have as part of the EU.

We simply do not have the resources to replicate these quickly.
True, but (surely?) at least we have the structures already in place since the Custom's Union is an extention of FT agreements?

I do not agree with May's Deal, but I see nothing wrong in having a simple free Trade Deal with the EU, it was offered and we refused it.

It is good enough for Japan, Korea and the 40 or so others, so why is it not good enough for the UK?
I totally agree.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top