Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
cornedbeef
New Member!
somerset
cornedbeef is male 

13-01-2019, 07:41 PM

Re: Should we have another referendum

maybe another election. let the people say what they think of this shambles of tory and labour representatives? of the people. Myself, would now vote for neither. right wing protest vot would be my choice. might not win but like france, I would put on a yellow jacket
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Hi

I really, seriously, do not want to see violent protests.

You will be putting yourself against others who have a job to do and may well sympathise with you.

I do not believe in anarchy, the survival of the fittest and most violent.

It is always the innocent who suffer the most in violence.

I have seen the results of a breakdown in law and order, the thugs, the looting, the killing and the rapes.

I do not want it here in the UK.

It is not an abstract, it will not just happen to others, it could well happen to you and your family.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Another referendum would be total madness and would achieve nothing except more discontent whatever decision won the day .

We would be introducing yet more months of delay and indecision which is not good for the country. There would be endless arguments about should go on the ballot paper.

There has been too much delay already, we should have been out 2 years ago had we done so we would be over the teething troubles by now .
If we’d left 2 years ago the shock to our economy and the lack of any trade deals with no trade negotiators we would have been plunged into chaos and we would almost certainly be in a recession that would be exacerbated by dwindling investment and departures of industry and labour

Fortunately even our clueless government had more sense than to do what you have advocated
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:14 AM

I heard that the yellow coats in France are now saying they want to leave the EU!

What a shame that it has taken so long for other EU countries to realize that the EU is just a political, power seeking exercise, and they are all being conned by the promise of more money.

If EU countries wanted to become one large, wealthy country, governed by intelligent people, why the hell were they not stopping the millions of illegal immigrants who moved into their countries pretending to be refugees?
How many of their legal inhabitants have been killed, raped or injured by illegal immigrants who have been coaxed into Europe by radical Islamists?

Is the EU really ever going to be the big, secure country that it plans to be? I have seen no example of that since it changed from being the Common Market.... and even that was a method to con us into being part of a big wealthy country where all are equal.
Perhaps we should have an EU referendum to let all people vote if they should stay in or get out

If we don't attempt to stop this now, future generations will live in a world that has just a few very large countries and the only way they will be able to sort disagreements, is my pressing the Nuclear button!
The USA make money, but have they ever achieved a peaceful harmonious existence? Just imagine what it will be like to live in a world made of 4 countries....The Americas, Far East, Middle East and Europe, and all want power of the whole world.
If you cant see this happening you are not looking far enough into the future & the only thing that will stop it is if Earth is no longer able to support life.

How many thought that only the unfortunate few would get cancer? Well it has already increased to a third of people & could increase to a half.
How many believed that planes, cars and all the other luxuries we have created could destroy the planet? Well the more observant people are already seeing that dramatic weather changes and large numbers of deaths owing to climate change.
If we don't all open our eyes sooner, life on earth will no longer exist and if we just have a few large countries one person pressing a button could make it happen sooner
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What a shame that it has taken so long for other EU countries to realize that the EU is just a political, power seeking exercise, and they are all being conned by the promise of more money.
I assume you are referring to the EU public rather than political class? It has never been the case that the EU's intention to expand politically has been a secret. The only question is "at what price" to a country's ability to self govern. Once things appear to be at too great a price, then you'll end up with situations such as the UK got itself into, forcing a referendum etc.

Is the EU really ever going to be the big, secure country that it plans to be? I have seen no example of that since it changed from being the Common Market.... and even that was a method to con us into being part of a big wealthy country where all are equal.
With respect, there does seem to have been a singular lack in going to war with each other (other than the political/economic battles), and there has been no rise in extreme left of right wing ideological states.

How many thought that only the unfortunate few would get cancer? Well it has already increased to a third of people & could increase to a half.
Why the increase of cancer? I had heard arguments that it is largely due to a change in what we eat and the properties of food. But I'm no doctor, so don't know.

How many believed that planes, cars and all the other luxuries we have created could destroy the planet? Well the more observant people are already seeing that dramatic weather changes and large numbers of deaths owing to climate change.
This is a somewhat contentious point for you to throw in unchallenged Twink. As you are well aware, there is a continuing debate as to how much, if any, climate change has been brought about by human activity.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I assume you are referring to the EU public rather than political class? It has never been the case that the EU's intention to expand politically has been a secret. The only question is "at what price" to a country's ability to self govern. Once things appear to be at too great a price, then you'll end up with situations such as the UK got itself into, forcing a referendum etc.

With respect, there does seem to have been a singular lack in going to war with each other (other than the political/economic battles), and there has been no rise in extreme left of right wing ideological states.

Why the increase of cancer? I had heard arguments that it is largely due to a change in what we eat and the properties of food. But I'm no doctor, so don't know.

This is a somewhat contentious point for you to throw in unchallenged Twink. As you are well aware, there is a continuing debate as to how much, if any, climate change has been brought about by human activity.
Point 1.
Most EU countries are ,more interested in what they can get out of the EU, rather than what damage it may do to their country and how strongly it will eventually control it. I don't doubt some British MPs were more interested in what they could get out of remaining , but I thank god that some British people pressured our government to give a referendum so we could retain our sovereignty. If the other countries were offered a referendum and their people thought ahead to the down sides of becoming ruled by the EU, I wonder how many ,more would vote to leave. It seems that the French would like that choice!
Point 2.
If situations occurred where countries in the EU considered war, the EU would be finished before it achieved it's aim! Why else would the EU be moving to take control so slowly?
Why would they not be admitting that they intend to create a European Army?
There are plenty of people who are looking for personal gain in the EU, so why would anybody trust what a politician says?
Points 3 &4
My comments about cancer and climate change were made to make people understand why they should look into the future. It isn't a fluke of nature that more people get cancer now and I am sure many of us think that our lifestyles cause it... but it is only being mentioned now because the NHS can't cope with it. If we had been warned earlier many would have made the correct changes, or governments been forced to do something about it faster.
With Climate Change there is no definite proof that it is caused by fossil fuels, but why have country leaders not acted sooner to try and find alternatives rather than waiting till it has been proved. A country without power is better than a country without people

Present day politicians are more interested in how fast they can climb the ladder, that how well their country will fare & they are given info long before the public hear about it.
I would hate to see a situation where people are questioning why their leaders didn't get them out of the EU sooner, when they realize they are being controlled by people, who know nothing about life where they live... yet make all the decisions.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top