Join for free
Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:08 AM

Re: Leavers and Remainers, A Call For Unity?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If our MPs manage to prevent us leaving the EU, it would be really nice if the Queen could overturn and execute our wonderful parliament, or at least some of them!

Not as far fetched as you might imagine : she has the support of the armed services, each and every member having sworn an oath to defend her.
Wow you still don't understand what has happened over the past 40 years even now !

We were moved into the EU in stealthy stages with the passing of acts and Treaties which signed away our sovereignty and the authority of our justice system.

Every one of those EU Treaties required the Queen to give Royal Assent..

She could have refused to give it. She could have honoured her Coronation Oath and refused to give assent on the basis that it would be giving away our sovereignty to a foreign power.

She didn't !

She gave every EU treaty a tick in the box and thereby participated in this whole fraudulent affair.

What you suggest is therefore nuts.

She is clearly FOR the EU rather than against it. Possibly something to do with her German heritage.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Wow you still don't understand what has happened over the past 40 years even now !

We were moved into the EU in stealthy stages with the passing of acts and Treaties which signed away our sovereignty and the authority of our justice system.

She could have refused to give it. She could have honoured her Coronation Oath and refused to give assent on the basis that it would be giving away our sovereignty to a foreign power.

She didn't !

She gave every EU treaty a tick in the box and thereby participated in this whole fraudulent affair.

She is clearly FOR the EU rather than against it. Possibly something to do with her German heritage.
Hi

Whilst the theory is correct, the UK is a democracy and she is head of state in name only.

It is over 300 years since a monarch refused to give consent to Parliament.

We do not want to return to an absolute monarchy.

We have enough problems at the moment without fomenting a constitutional crisis.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 07:35 AM

Their coming to get you went the song !!!

Conservative MP tells DAN HODGES Britain is on brink of civil unrest
https://mol.im/a/6611581

Last week I spoke to two distinguished Conservative MPs about what they thought would happen in the wake of the evisceration of the Prime Minister’s Brexit deal by the House of Commons.
One was openly opposed to Theresa May’s plan, the other a reluctant but loyal supporter. ‘We’re on the brink of serious civil unrest,’ said the rebel, gesturing to his colleagues going about their daily business in Parliament’s Portcullis House. ‘Look at them. They’re all sitting around here like nothing’s happening.’
The loyalist was even more direct. ‘I know what I’m doing. I’m going to go out and start stocking up on tins and loading my shotgun. I backed Brexit, and if we don’t deliver it, they’re going to come for us.’
They will. But they will have to free themselves first. This morning, the British people are being held hostage – bound and gagged by the so-called ‘red lines’ of their own elected representatives.

Meanwhile is France

Yellow Vest violence breaks out beside Paris tomb of Napoleon
https://mol.im/a/6610399

They are enjoying their 10th weekend out and about
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Maybe we need our own yellow vests and do the same.....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
How can there possibly be another referendum ?
THEY SAID ... the referendum will be final , they will act upon the results and this hasn’t happened so dress it up as many different ways as you please but a fact is a fact is fact ...and it’s FACT that mp’s of all parties simply havnt done as promised , indeed forget the word promise and insert the word law as they passed it as law the referendum result will be acted upon ... instead they have brought it back in house and decided only ‘they ‘ can decide not the electorate...so your suggesting another referendum ? A vote ? Then I ask why’s as I will never vote again for anything ... nothing ... my faith in British democracy ended 2 years ago
There is an interesting article in the DT, today, which highlights a growing dissatisfaction, in the Tory Party, over a reforms put in place, back in 1998, by Hague.

The so called reforms gave the membership a say in leadership elections. etc.

However, "after '98, when the new constitution was brought in, all lines of communication between the membership of the party and the party hierarchy were cut. No Motions were allowed at party conferences after that and central office took total control of candidates"...."Once you let central office select candidates then you end up with MPs who are totally out of touch with the membership"

This on page 4 in the article by Carol Tominey - assistant editor.

They went on to say that an internal poll, earlier this month, showed that 70% of members felt that warnings about Brexit were "exaggerated or invented"

Explains, in part, why my local MP (Lee) - a dedicated remainer, dumped his Cabinet role (out of Conscience!) but has been able to continue to work, strongly, against Brexit in an area which voted OUT.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Whilst the theory is correct, the UK is a democracy and she is head of state in name only.

It is over 300 years since a monarch refused to give consent to Parliament..
Yep Swim but frankly that's because the things that have gone through parliament requiring Royal Assent are relatively trivial. No need at all for the monarch to get involved.

But then there comes along a request to allow a foreign power to essentially invade (by stealth) and take over this country and it's justice system.

Now THAT is a very different matter.

It is wholly unconstitutional, flying in the face of our long standing Declaration of Rights/Bill of Rights and other things.

THAT is when the Queen should have stood up and said:

"hang on, this isn't right. We are a sovereign country, we've been so for 100s of years and many people fought and died to protect that sovereignty and our freedoms. I'm absolutely not signing this, I refuse to give it Royal Assent."

Further more at that point she should have rounded up all those involved in the drafting of those Treaties and put them on trial.

Sadly she didn't. She gave Royal Assent and thereby imho, failed in her most basic duty, to protect the very country she is the monarch of and it's citizens.

If your monarch won't take steps to prevent invasion and take over by a foreign power then frankly what is the point and purpose of that monarchy?

I would say that we have no further use for the monarchy and that it has betrayed the people of the UK badly.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
‘We’re on the brink of serious civil unrest,’ said the rebel
I would tend to agree.

The EU are strong-arming our government and blatantly ignoring our democracy. They have no intention of allowing us to Leave and they ARE engineering the circumstances for a 2nd referendum.

I suspect there are a great many people, just as in France, who are willing to stand up and engage in civil unrest. This is a war by any other name, it's just that the average Joe Bloggs doesn't realise it because they see war as soldiers and tanks and guns. This war was conducted by stealth behind closed doors with paid for and controlled politicians drafting treaties and agreements which signed away your freedoms and rights and abolished your nationality and sovereignty. No shots were fired, they weren't needed because everyone was blissfully sat at home watching dumbed down TV.

Now the truth has become clear. It is out in the open.

We can see what our fraudulent politicians have done, how we were betrayed by a succession of both Tory and Labour PMs and MPs.

It's up to the people to stand up and say, "this will not stand" and to demand their democracy back and their constitutional rights.

I would say that civil unrest is absolutely inevitable and will likely happen on an unprecedented scale all over the country simultaneously. There is no way at all that our police forces will be able to cope.

It will be a dire time. The military will be drafted in and doubtless will be told to shoot people or seriously hurt them with the wide variety of crowd control weapons that have in the wings.

People will have to stay at home for safety and not travel to town and city centres.

Hence it would be prudent to establish for yourself a long term food supply and a way of making dirty water potable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:42 PM

She didn't !

I disagree.

You must remember that the Queen is only nominally head of state. The monarchs agreed, long ago, to keep out of politics and the Queen actually has no say in how the government behaves, despite all this 'royal assent' nonsense.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:46 PM

If your monarch won't take steps to prevent invasion and take over by a foreign power then frankly what is the point and purpose of that monarchy?

I would say that we have no further use for the monarchy and that it has betrayed the people of the UK badly.
A valid point.

I still maintain that the Queen can't go against Parliament.

But the people can!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Remember a few years ago ( don’t quote me as I can’t be bothered to google facts ) as I remember it a known black bad guy was stopped then he went for a pistol in his car and the police shot him ... fair enough , was his call and he made it ... obviously the wrong call and he ended up dead but it was his call !
Afterwards ( although obviously at the time the police knew exactly who he was /history ) the press then reported on him and an angel he wasn’t .... but suddenly blacks started rioting everywhere , Birmingham , Croydon , Manchester all spring to mind although the more cynical amongst us called it that they were late night shopping since most riots were held outside PC WORLD and most rioters went home with a 50inch. HD TV ... but you get the picture , under the name of because he was black they rioted ....

Well that was one hardboy badlad stopping a bullet ... quite how 17million pissed off voters will react if brexit is stopped is anyone’s guess but I imagine it would be a sight to behold should it ever happen

Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top