Join for free
Page 23 of 38 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:41 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yes, she certainly used to speak like that: listen to some old TV recordings.

I believe she has moved with the times now, though, and attempts to speak more like 'normal' people!

On the other hand, I can't imagine hearing her speak in a Brummie or a Geordie accent!
Or even worse, a Yorkshire accent......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Or even worse, a Yorkshire accent......
The ultimate height the Queen could ever hope to aspire to would be to speak like God's own people!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Gods Own People?..true...the last time She was up here She gave Me a wave and shouted 'Hiya Hen howzitgaun'
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Gods Own People?..true...the last time She was up here She gave Me a wave and shouted 'Hiya Hen howzitgaun'
Wiz that you she was squawking at May? I thought it was me lol. I turned away to hide as I'd no choccy biscuits in and I didn't want herself in for coffee without them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Wiz that you she was squawking at May? I thought it was me lol. I turned away to hide as I'd no choccy biscuits in and I didn't want herself in for coffee without them.
Who ever said the Scots were God's own people?

Apart from the Scots, of course!

The whole world is aware of the superiority of the Yorkshire people. Have you not heard that story about how God created the world, balancing the good areas with the bad?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Who ever said the Scots were God's own people?

Apart from the Scots, of course!

The whole world is aware of the superiority of the Yorkshire people. Have you not heard that story about how God created the world, balancing the good areas with the bad?

Let me enlighten them

Millennia ago in the Kingdom of Heaven, God disappeared for seven days. On the eighth day the angel Gabriel found him laying exhausted and sweating.

"Where have you been oh Lord?"
"Do you see that blue and green orb down there?" said God pointing at the newly created Earth.
"Yes Lord, what is it?"
"I call it Earth and I've designed it and placed creatures called mankind on it. It is to be a place of balance. For example, do you see that great white part at the top? That is a land of snow and ice and is populated by white men. To the south it is all glorious sunshine and is populated by brown and black men. To the east it is a land of vast deserts and is populated by men who will become rich beyond their wildest dreams while to the west will be a land of vast forests and verdant pastures but the men their will live in abject poverty."

Pointing to a luscious sunlit green area dotted with newly created sheep on the hills, babbling brooks in the valleys and a general air of peace and tranquillity God said "That is my finest work, I call it Yorkshire. The men and women of Yorkshire will be the greatest in the world, famous for their sense of humour, willingness to help others and for their generosity"
"But what about the balance Lord?"
"Do you see that grey, dirty section just to the left of Yorkshire? It will be a land of constant rain populated by people of sallow complexions, strange accents and will have an air of futility and hopelessness about it. I call that place Lancashire"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-01-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Let me enlighten them

Millennia ago in the Kingdom of Heaven, God disappeared for seven days. On the eighth day the angel Gabriel found him laying exhausted and sweating.

"Where have you been oh Lord?"
"Do you see that blue and green orb down there?" said God pointing at the newly created Earth.
"Yes Lord, what is it?"
"I call it Earth and I've designed it and placed creatures called mankind on it. It is to be a place of balance. For example, do you see that great white part at the top? That is a land of snow and ice and is populated by white men. To the south it is all glorious sunshine and is populated by brown and black men. To the east it is a land of vast deserts and is populated by men who will become rich beyond their wildest dreams while to the west will be a land of vast forests and verdant pastures but the men their will live in abject poverty."

Pointing to a luscious sunlit green area dotted with newly created sheep on the hills, babbling brooks in the valleys and a general air of peace and tranquillity God said "That is my finest work, I call it Yorkshire. The men and women of Yorkshire will be the greatest in the world, famous for their sense of humour, willingness to help others and for their generosity"
"But what about the balance Lord?"
"Do you see that grey, dirty section just to the left of Yorkshire? It will be a land of constant rain populated by people of sallow complexions, strange accents and will have an air of futility and hopelessness about it. I call that place Lancashire"
Yes, you see. No mention of Scotland!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am surprised that a Kia can turn over a Freelander .
A Kia is only a little car.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know much about Kia's, our Judd has one, so he would know more, but I believe there are at least 8 different models, so I expect some are bigger than others.

I imagine it would also depend on where it hit the other car, plus the speed it struck at.
Have we found out the size of the Kia which turned over the Freelander yet .....
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 06:21 PM

The fact the freelander is a 4x4 , high centre of gravity ... high mass ... often means when hit from the side they flip over , years ago the original Suzuki sj410 was famed for laying down on roundabouts ... a double deck bus is less stable than a lotus formula one car , you never see a bus do a front flip but do see them on their side .... it’s basic physics .. the best way to avoid this is not to pull out in front of other vehicles

It doesn’t take much to flip a 4x4 and whatever hit the freelander was enough to make the high C of G do the rest

https://youtu.be/FLo2f8tHerE
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 06:31 PM

I have noticed, when stuck behind a very slow elderly driver that when they get to a junction, they suddenly speed up and bomb over it! Especially at roundabouts!

Page 23 of 38 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top