Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:18 PM

Re: Question Time - Abbott

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't think remainers are the only ones with that problem.

71 days to go and still neither side has any idea of an outcome.
No she's in a special category all her own Bruce. Dreadfully racist woman yells racist at others at the drop of a hat. She is unable to grasp simple concept that many don't like her because she is racist not because of her colour at all.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
There seemed to be a fairly high proportion of Leavers in the audience tonight
I can't remember the exact words, but someone said that the problem with Brexit at the moment is that the people would be happy enough with a No Deal/WTO, but Parliament is blocking it. That got a fair amount of support and applause
Yes I noticed this too. It was good to see.

I also noted the feckless excuse of a Remainer, the woman at the front of the audience, clearly a stooge who was playing the age old:

"we were all in the dark at the last referendum, we have 2 years more info now so we should have another referendum"

card.

What a complete idiot she was. Of course she insisted that Remain would have to be one of the options on a 2nd referendum.

When someone asked her "what happens when the result comes back Leave again?" she could do nothing but sit dumbfoundedly.

And then someone else said:

"And what happens if the result is Remain 52%, Leave 48%"?"

Again this pathetic stooge Remainer could only sit there helpless to offer any cohesive retort.

What this episode of QT did do for me was highlight just how strong the LEAVE camp is and how many people can see clearly through the pathetic sham of a pantomime that has been played in front of us for the past 2 years. It was quite encouraging to see. There were even young people speaking very sensibly about leaving the EU.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No she's in a special category all her own Bruce. Dreadfully racist woman yells racist at others at the drop of a hat. She is unable to grasp simple concept that many don't like her because she is racist not because of her colour at all.
It's absolutely nothing to do with her colour but everything to do with the way she presents, which is utterly embarrassing and cringe worthy, and her incompetence with simple issues and maths.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's absolutely nothing to do with her colour but everything to do with the way she presents, which is utterly embarrassing and cringe worthy, and her incompetence with simple issues and maths.
Exactly what I said.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:25 PM

I didn't watch it - rarely do these days but I might watch on iplayer. Always interesting to see old Dianne.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I didn't watch it - rarely do these days but I might watch on iplayer. Always interesting to see old Dianne.
Worth a watch imo. If only to see the panel floundering on the key issues. Abbott was spectacularly cringe worthy though and ripped to pieces imo.

Abbott maintained that they wanted an election. The panellist to her left said:

"Why on Earth would you want an election now when you are so far behind in the polls, you would clearly lose again?"

To which the hapless Abbott said:

"No the Tories and Labour are level"

and to which host Fiona Bruce had to say:

"No Diane, you are behind in the polls"

Gripping stuff but an absolute catastrophic presentation by Looney Labour underpinning again why they are so unelectable and unfit to govern.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't think remainers are the only ones with that problem.

71 days to go and still neither side has any idea of an outcome.
Neither do I, it was a bit of tongue in cheek sarcasm as I repeated a comment a leaver said to me some weeks ago when I questioned the competence of David Davis in his understanding of economics and negotiating
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Heres some classic Diane Abbott and Thornberry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWk29MhTb-g
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Question Time audience erupt in applause at prospect of no-deal Brexit
https://mol.im/a/6606705

Spectators at the BBC show whooped as it was suggested UK leave with no deal
Journalist Isabel Oakeshott claimed that it was 'only option' left for Theresa May
She admitted the position was 'sub-optimal' but said there was 'no alternative'
Prospect of a 'chaotic' no-deal Brexit is becoming more likely as March 29 nears
A Question Time audience erupted into cheers and applause after it was suggested that Britain should leave the European Union with a 'no-deal' Brexit.
Spectators at the BBC show whooped as it was suggested that walking away from talks with Brussels was the 'only option' available to Prime Minister Theresa May.
Filmed in the Leave-voting city of Derby, the audience produced the loudest reaction of the night in response to the suggestion by Brexiteer writer Isabel Oakeshott.
Asked by host Fiona Bruce if there was any deal the Conservatives could unilaterally agree on, Ms Oakeshott said: 'Look, I can save everybody a lot of time here.
GVB1962
New Member!
United Kingdom
GVB1962 is male 

18-01-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Anyone watching Question Time right now

Abbott is utterly appalling. How could anyone contemplate voting this woman and her shambles party into government?!

She has no clue, can't put forward a cohesive argument.

So embarrassing for Labour, such a liability.
I do not understand why she gets airtime as she generally screws it up when she does. The man in the audience who told her he was less scared of a no deal brexit than the prospect of her taking over as home secretary hit the nail on the head!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top