Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Re: Question Time - Abbott

Originally Posted by gvb1962 ->
i do not understand why she gets airtime as she generally screws it up when she does. The man in the audience who told her he was less scared of a no deal brexit than the prospect of her taking over as home secretary hit the nail on the head!
GVB1962
New Member!
United Kingdom
GVB1962 is male 

18-01-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Question Time audience erupt in applause at prospect of no-deal Brexit
https://mol.im/a/6606705

Spectators at the BBC show whooped as it was suggested UK leave with no deal
Journalist Isabel Oakeshott claimed that it was 'only option' left for Theresa May
She admitted the position was 'sub-optimal' but said there was 'no alternative'
Prospect of a 'chaotic' no-deal Brexit is becoming more likely as March 29 nears
A Question Time audience erupted into cheers and applause after it was suggested that Britain should leave the European Union with a 'no-deal' Brexit.
Spectators at the BBC show whooped as it was suggested that walking away from talks with Brussels was the 'only option' available to Prime Minister Theresa May.
Filmed in the Leave-voting city of Derby, the audience produced the loudest reaction of the night in response to the suggestion by Brexiteer writer Isabel Oakeshott.
Asked by host Fiona Bruce if there was any deal the Conservatives could unilaterally agree on, Ms Oakeshott said: 'Look, I can save everybody a lot of time here.
It is crystal clear that any "deal" with the EU will be less good than staying in so why keep trying to get one? We should have been planning for no deal since June 2016 and saved the costs of sending 1,000's of civil servants to Brussels to try to achieve mission impossible. I do hope all leave voters are carefully watching the shenanigans of their own MPs in the Executive versus People lie fest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
When she went on a tour of Rome recently on a visit, she went to see the famous work of Michelangelo and remarked "If this is his sixteenth chapel, I'd like to see the other fifteen"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
There seemed to be a fairly high proportion of Leavers in the audience tonight
I can't remember the exact words, but someone said that the problem with Brexit at the moment is that the people would be happy enough with a No Deal/WTO, but Parliament is blocking it. That got a fair amount of support and applause
Yes, I remarked on that to Marge. It sounded like the majority of the audience, and I wonder how the Derby area voted in the referendum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-01-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A view from an Ex Enforcement Officer.

If she becomes Home Secretary, there will be mass resignations.

Nobody will put their life on the line for her.
If the worst should happen and the Loonies do get it, I have a feeling that she'll be sidetracked somewhere.

Perhaps the Ministry for Race Relations.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-01-2019, 12:57 AM

Yes, without doubt this was the best QT I have seen in a long time.

I can't imagine it would have been conducted as well as it was if old Dimplebum was still running the show.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, without doubt this was the best QT I have seen in a long time.

I can't imagine it would have been conducted as well as it was if old Dimplebum was still running the show.
I like the way Fiona Bruce holds the panellists to account. Dimbleby didn't do a great job of this in the past.

It's a lot better now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I remarked on that to Marge. It sounded like the majority of the audience, and I wonder how the Derby area voted in the referendum.
In Derbyshire overall, 59.1% voted leave and 40.9% remain with a turnout of 81.9% and that included many members of my family including the younger ones who also support leave.

JCB one big employer is Derbyshire is pro leave too. That is why B Johnson was there yesterday making a speech.

That old left wing activist Dennis Skinner (the beast of Bolsover) is of course from Derbyshire and sits firmly on the front opposition bench. He has been voting against the EU for 47 years longer than anyone else and has voted against every single treaty.
He has come into criticism recently for voting 'with the Tories' but he has just been adhering to the same principle he has always held.

I do not agree with most of his politics but I do agree with his opinions on the EU and share his reasons for wanting to leave. Believe me if we end up not leaving you will never hear the last of from Dennis.

For those remain voters who like to say leave voters are all 'racist' I suggest they listen to Dennis Skinner for a different perspective about why some people voted to leave.

Interestingly Dennis says he usually shares the same voting lobby on EU matters as Corbyn and McDonnell ....
Corbyn obviously knows this which must make life a bit difficult for him .
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:19 PM

The daft old bat has now been complaining that she was jeered and heckled more than anyone else on the programme and it was the Beebs fault.

This woman is so bloody thick, that it doesn't appear to cross her tiny mind that the reason she's jeered more is because she speaks more drivel than anyone else.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-Time.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
The daft old bat has now been complaining that she was jeered and heckled more than anyone else on the programme and it was the Beebs fault.

This woman is so bloody thick, that it doesn't appear to cross her tiny mind that the reason she's jeered more is because she speaks more drivel than anyone else.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-Time.html
Exactly, and that lack of any sense is what makes her so entertaining. We should be thankful for her. She's almost as funny a comedian as Tommy Cooper, although he intended to be funny.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top