Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:48 PM

No Deal - Truth

Just a snippet to throw in here and maybe as we learn more truths about how "No Deal" won't actually be catastrophic we can add them to this thread.

I received an email from P&O Cruises, Britain's primary cruise line. It states and I quote:

In the event of a no deal Brexit, the UK Government have confirmed cruise holidays will continue on the same basis as today
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Re: No Deal - Truth

Oh I just can't tell You how relieved and delighted I am with this wonderful news

PS...I'm obviously being sarcastic
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 02:24 PM

Well both companies my husband and I work for predict it will not just be fine but might be better than this waiting.

I am told food prices from some places could drop by 40% if we have no tarriffs with them.
This is couple of years old but doesn't sound like all doom and gloom to me
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...multinationals
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:22 PM

What's the opposite of "Project Fear"?
"Project Woo hoo"?
"Project Huzzah"?
Just asking.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
"Project Woo hoo"?
"Project Huzzah"?
Just asking.
How about project hope or positive ? If we don't look forward with some sort of positive or hopeful feelings we will be condemned to not do well at all.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:06 PM

A Saga Brexit.... that's what we need !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Just a snippet to throw in here and maybe as we learn more truths about how "No Deal" won't actually be catastrophic we can add them to this thread.

I received an email from P&O Cruises, Britain's primary cruise line. It states and I quote:

In the event of a no deal Brexit, the UK Government have confirmed cruise holidays will continue on the same basis as today
I posted on another thread somewhere that we are better prepared for a no deal Brexit than the government is leading us to believe.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I posted on another thread somewhere that we are better prepared for a no deal Brexit than the government is leading us to believe.
Hi

But then you post false news, already proven to do so.

Many big companies are very well prepared, especially those in service industries, our biggest export.

They have moved to the EU, taking their Taxes with them.

Meanwhile, ordinary small exporters suffer.

They cannot log in to the Governments new system for electronic clearance and a request sent 3 weeks ago for clarification for Tariffs on used car parts has not been replied to.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

But then you post false news, already proven to do so.

Many big companies are very well prepared, especially those in service industries, our biggest export.

They have moved to the EU, taking their Taxes with them.

Meanwhile, ordinary small exporters suffer.

They cannot log in to the Governments new system for electronic clearance and a request sent 3 weeks ago for clarification for Tariffs on used car parts has not been replied to.
Which of these companies have moved to the EU because of Brexit ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
"Project Woo hoo"?
"Project Huzzah"?
Just asking.
I’ve heard it called both Project Fantasy and Project Deceit but the one I quite like is Project Lemming as it seems so apt

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top