Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 01:18 PM

Re: No Deal - Truth

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Can't find cheap staff ? well they might have to actually improve people's lives and pay a decent wage then and would I'm sure find ready and willing workers.

One of the pluses of leaving EU is not everything will need to come through Dover so many of the ports round the country may start to make a better living off the back of us leaving. Will distribute wealth in many ways.

Higher wages equal higher costs which either equal higher prices or business closures. In any case if you don't have staff available it won't matter what wage you offer. Everything in the economy is connected. Disrupt one input and the rest feels the change and has to adapt or die.

I didn't think other ports were ready this year.

Money is hemorrhaging out of the country. If the demand that wealth was driving falls we end up with business closure, falling general demand, not higher wages but higher prices.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 01:27 PM

You are such a ray of sunshine annie, brexit will bring changes how we face them depends if we will eventually be better off or not, I'm hoping people will see opportunities not look at it like you do.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:30 PM

Hi

We all have our views and opinions.

Non of us really know what will happen until after we leave.

There will be a lot of "Told you so" after we leave.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:34 PM

The one big thing that worries me is that the younger generations don't have the Blitz spirit, life is so easy for them compared to post war.
I wonder if the good old British backbone still exists.

Maybe a new thread subject?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:35 PM

What worries me is how many may not try to make it work or will try to make us fail just so they can say told you so. Some people seem almost to want us to fail.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The big Financial Services, many of whom are not UK owned, are setting up offices in the EU to allow them to continue trading there.

That is just a fact of life, even JRM's Somerset Asset Management has set up in Dublin.

This means a Tax Loss, live with it.
Isn't it possible that some EU companies might set up offices in the UK to allow them to continue trading here?

I think that's an unnecessary lot of work and expense if we could only revert back to having the EEC again and say goodbye to the EU dictators.

Perhaps some other European nations might be thinking the same way.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Isn't it possible that some EU companies might set up offices in the UK to allow them to continue trading here?

I think that's an unnecessary lot of work and expense if we could only revert back to having the EEC again and say goodbye to the EU dictators.

That certainly would be a solution to everything wouldn't it JBR? It would certainly solve the division in this country, and feel sure that people wouldn't mind being part of a clear cut trading association with other EU countries as part of the EU.

Only thing is they would still have to allow us to control our borders, laws and economy. Pie in the sky I'm afraid.
Give it a few years and I can honestly see we will be only one of the first to leave, if the EU doesn't implode before then. They are quickly heading towards the scenario that If they were a company, they would be discussing calling in the Administrators. All the major players. Germany, France, Spain and Italy, are presently suffering economical dire straits. I want out by any means before the you know what hits the fan over there.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That certainly would be a solution to everything wouldn't it JBR? It would certainly solve the division in this country, and feel sure that people wouldn't mind being part of a clear cut trading association with other EU countries as part of the EU.

Only thing is they would still have to allow us to control our borders, laws and economy. Pie in the sky I'm afraid.
Give it a few years and I can honestly see we will be only one of the first to leave, if the EU doesn't implode before then. They are quickly heading towards the scenario that If they were a company, they would be discussing calling in the Administrators. All the major players. Germany, France, Spain and Italy, are presently suffering economical dire straits. I want out by any means before the you know what hits the fan over there.
However it is brought about, I see no reason why the individual European countries shouldn't wish to revert to having a free-trade organisation without any of the laws imposed on everybody by a group in Brussels who have only their own benefit in mind.

It worked well before, so why not now?

Of course, Junker & Co. would do all they can to prevent it. Why shouldn't they? They are on a cushy number.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Hi

A personal view, and yes, I may be wrong.

I accept that.

You lot paid me a Mint to get things right for the UK.

I was very passionate about that.

I was never any Fan of the EU, the EEC, simple Trade Deals yes.

I am totally and utterly against the Euro and further Integration.

To me it was always a disaster waiting to happen.

I find it offensive, that myself and others are being pilloried for this.

It was never, and still is not, a Civil Service plot.

There was no conspiracy at all.

We have had to follow our Political Masters.

That is the way things work, that is how it should be in a Democracy, we are not elected, you voted for our Political Masters.

I am no egoist, never been a Principle, just a man in a Suit.

No great shakes, one of many.

I am however a great believer in putting the UK first, second and third.

That is what you paid me for, and you paid me a fair whack for doing so.

I took my job seriously.

I had the French over a barrel, they lost out big time on an issue which was very important to us.

Three years work gone in an instant because of political ambition by one person here.

By all means blame our Politicians, but it is not . and never has been a Civil Service Plot.

If the idiots had listened to us, instead of playing silly buggers amongst themselves, we would have been out in March with everything in place.

Now it it is just a disaster waiting to happen.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Hi

Absolutely right JBR.

Some have, services and Airlines in particular.

Ryanair are the best example or this.

There are many others in the Service Industries who have.

The issue is this, the Service Industries are our biggest export to the EU,, we lose 40%, they lose 13.5%.

They are not idiots, they can do the Maths.

They will not come running, yes it will hurt their Manufacturing but both Germany and France will be better off with Services.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top