Join for free
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 07:48 PM

Re: Brexit Day Bill from EU?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Boris has signed the Withdrawal Agreement, it is now a legal document so it is in force.

What we are getting out of it is time for both Government and Industry to prepare.

The new computer systems and staff are not yet ready, neither are Immigration Systems and staffing.

Ten months is not a long time to wait.
It seems waiting and fiddling his thumbs is what he has been doing. Apparently the UK will drop all controls on imports because you are not ready (after being preparing since 29 march 2019).
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-border-checks

If you are not able to control imports of goods, can one assume you are not ready to control the influx of immigrants too?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It seems waiting and fiddling his thumbs is what he has been doing. Apparently the UK will drop all controls on imports because you are not ready (after being preparing since 29 march 2019).
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-border-checks

If you are not able to control imports of goods, can one assume you are not ready to control the influx of immigrants too?
Hey Solly! now youve done it! youve finally buggered the brexit
forum up?
This is a february thread! Ithink? WTF!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hey Solly! now youve done it! youve finally buggered the brexit
forum up?
This is a february thread! Ithink? WTF!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
If you remember donks, swimfeeders has been warning for more than two years that the UK is not ready. Brexit was about getting back control of british laws and borders. And the first thing the UK does is not control those borders. You couldn't make it up.
By the way, what happened to those £ 8 bn reserved for preparations for leaving the EU?

To sum it up for you donks, it turns out swim has been right all along. I just picked up one of the more recent posts containing his warnings.

Imagine, the rest of so called project fear turning into reality. It could happen overnight!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If you remember donks, swimfeeders has been warning for more than two years that the UK is not ready. Brexit was about getting back control of british laws and borders. And the first thing the UK does is not control those borders. You couldn't make it up.
By the way, what happened to those £ 8 bn reserved for preparations for leaving the EU?

To sum it up for you donks, it turns out swim has been right all along. I just picked up one of the more recent posts containing his warnings.

Imagine, the rest of so called project fear turning into reality. It could happen overnight!
I think project fear ic now on the other side of the channel Solly?

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 06:59 PM

Our border arrangements are being phased in to allow businesses to adjust.

Its pretty easy to work out why.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Our border arrangements are being phased in to allow businesses to adjust.

Its pretty easy to work out why.
Hi

Yes, we are not ready, that is the simple reason why.

The EU is, which is why they imposing controls on day one.

They have all the jnfrastructure and staff in place, we do not.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, we are not ready, that is the simple reason why.

The EU is, which is why they imposing controls on day one.

They have all the jnfrastructure and staff in place, we do not.
We are ready to phase in our border arrangements. Michael Gove gave the details about it yesterday. They will be phased in over 6 month's to allow businesses to adjust, completed by June / July 2021

We already have controls for imports from the rest of the world.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 09:28 PM

We are ready to phase in our border arrangements. Michael Gove gave the details about it yesterday. They will be phased in over 6 month's to allow businesses to adjust, completed by June / July 2021

We already have controls for imports from the rest of the world.
Assuming that the EU will continue to be awkward, I believe we'll probably be importing a lot more from the rest of the world anyway.

I shall certainly continue to avoid buying anything French anyway.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-06-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Assuming that the EU will continue to be awkward, I believe we'll probably be importing a lot more from the rest of the world anyway.

I shall certainly continue to avoid buying anything French anyway.

I make a point of buying british whenever I can.

We should support our own farmers and producers. We grow great products.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 09:43 PM

I make a point of buying british whenever I can.

We should support our own farmers and producers. We grow great products.
I agree. My order of preference, depending upon availability, price and quality:

- British
- Non-EU
- German
- Other EU
- but never French

Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top