Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Re: I wonder what Wee Nippy has to say ...

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Blasphemy. Get out...

Heh heh,when We were wee and had a cold or cough,My Mum would makes Us a toddy with hot water,whisky,sugar...I hated the taste and smell of it and couldn't drink it..still the same...My Dad and Bro's were single malt drinkers and wouldn't have any other tipple
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:35 PM

Prefer beer meself ��. Though, I’ve got a mate from Lewis who is educating me on the delights of single malts. Once you have a taste for them, you won’t go back to blends.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:59 PM

Mind you, I’m deep in the heart of Hadrian’s Wall country at the moment, enjoying some lovely real ale in the Black Bull in Haltwhistle. Tremendous!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Heh heh,when We were wee and had a cold or cough,My Mum would makes Us a toddy with hot water,whisky,sugar...I hated the taste and smell of it and couldn't drink it..still the same...My Dad and Bro's were single malt drinkers and wouldn't have any other tipple
That's my toddy of choice when I have a bit of a cold only I use whisky and honey dissolved in hot water. Tastes a bit like Drambuie. A couple of those and you forget you have a cold altogether.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Prefer beer meself ��. Though, I’ve got a mate from Lewis who is educating me on the delights of single malts. Once you have a taste for them, you won’t go back to blends.
Give Jura `Journey` a go - a hint on the sweet side, or any of the sherry cask malts before you try the Islay type malts - they are peaty and smokey and can be a bit of an acquired taste, especially the Laphroaig.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 03:24 PM

In keeping with the op,.. My Granny swore by a wee (NIP) of whisky with just a drap o' water every night before bed.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 06:54 PM

I find Laphroaig too peaty, tastes like TCP to me Mr Glanny and daughter are very fond of it though.
We all like single malts for a short drink, Jameson's or Grant's for a long one.

Mr Glanny loves his single malts, every time we go away we inspect the airport duty free and occasionally treat ourselves to a new one Forget how many there were at the last count!
We have been to Islay several times, lovely place. Will be back again this summer
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 06:55 PM

Blasphemy. Get out...

scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:50 PM

Give Jura `Journey` a go - a hint on the sweet side, or any of the sherry cask malts before you try the Islay type malts - they are peaty and smokey and can be a bit of an acquired taste, especially the Laphroaig.
I am very fond of Islay malts. Some are quite strong at 46-48% or even higher. Another favourite of mine is Highland Park from Orkney.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:56 PM

That's my toddy of choice when I have a bit of a cold only I use whisky and honey dissolved in hot water. Tastes a bit like Drambuie. A couple of those and you forget you have a cold altogether.
See, I've had this bit of a cold, for the last 30 years.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top