Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:57 PM

Re: People are forgetting how to drive

I went out last week to give the car a run and to take Chloe for a walk somewhere different . I noticed appalling driving/impatience/speeding which in view of the large number of cyclists on the roads including children I found very scary.

I won't be going very far now unless I have to.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 06:12 PM

I have also driven all through lockdown and have steadily seen the roads get busier can’t say I’ve noticed anyone driving poorer than usual
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 06:35 PM

I drive an automatic ,so really it is east - peasy .
What was good through the lockdown was the lack of cars on the road .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have also driven all through lockdown and have steadily seen the roads get busier can’t say I’ve noticed anyone driving poorer than usual
I hope that your journeys were for essential reasons only .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
As the farm is way up off the road I need to drive to get anywhere, village, town, Tesco, fuel, dog walking, all essential to us.
Also there are no deaths up here, think it's because of all the wide open spaces and with no tourists it's very quiet.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200612-203256.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	12913  
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As the farm is way up off the road I need to drive to get anywhere, village, town, Tesco, fuel, dog walking, all essential to us.
That's all right, then .....

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Also there are no deaths up here, think it's because of all the wide open spaces and with no tourists it's very quiet.
No tourists, no pandemic ..... you know it, I know it, but the government can't grasp it .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:53 PM

We chased them all away at the start of the Lockdown, they were arriving in their big motor homes to isolate parked up somewhere quiet. They were told in no uncertain terms to leave and return home.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:54 PM

Inagine what it was like for me. After having the operation on tghe eye the Surgeon told my i was not to drive any more, so I surrenderend my licence on his orders or would be heavily fined. Great surgeon but damn liar he never informed the DVLA, so I went for about 15 months without a licence. I then got so frustrated I applied to the DVLA for a driving eye test which I passed no problems.
Getting my confidence back after such a long time took weeks if not a few months. I had been driving since I was 17 years old and being without a licence is like loosing your will to live.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

12-06-2020, 09:01 PM

I can imagine, my licence was 6 months out of date and DVLA had not sent me the paperwork to renew it. I'd no idea it was out of date as I was only in my 60s so had no reason to check it. It was the parcel office that told me when I used it to prove who I was when collecting a parcel, I felt awful and was really worried I'd get in trouble when I phoned DVLA to tell them, and I was terrified I'd be told to stop driving while things were sorted out.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Yes omah, classed as an essential worker

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top