Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 07:31 PM

Bizarre country

A RANT

I swear, Mexico is one extremely bizarre country.

I just purchased a used Toyota 4 runner and I had to do a number of minor mechanical fixes.

So, off I went to a major auto supply store and bought what I needed … except for the grommet for the PCV. The old grommet had become brittle and I needed to replace it. Oh, yes. They did indeed have the PCV but they did not sell the grommet. Huh ? Say what ? How is that possible ?

Again I went on a treasure hunt. It took me several hours and 5-6 auto parts stores before I finally found one that had the grommet.

The last thing I needed was to replace/add some coolant, and I had no way of properly disposing of the old coolant. For some reason the 2 oil change/lube/coolant shops were closed. Everybody else was open but not those places. So, I stopped at a radiator repair shop and asked them to drain out enough water and put in a gallon of coolant. Simple thing, right ? Nope ! Not in Mexico. They told me, "We don't do that. We sell, repair and install radiators". I said, "But, I expect to pay you". They didn't care. They were more interested in standing around, smoking cigarettes, and yacking, than they were in making money.

Moreover, Mexicans pay no attention to the clock. It's called "Mexican time". If someone says he/she is going to be at a certain place at a certain time, that means nothing what-so ever. "Sure, I'd be glad to meet you at 2pm". They might, repeat might, show up by 4pm.

That, my friends, is why Mexico is, and will remain, a 3rd world country.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top