Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 12:54 PM

Re: Startrek

Since they never made any follow-ups to Galaxy Quest I found the TV show The Orville a decent substitute. I really enjoyed it.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:55 PM

I preferred Spock to Kirk any day. He was my kind of guy, although I wasn't too happy in the episode when he fell in love. Talk about being betrayed!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Galaxy Quest.....what a film one of my all time favourites

By Grabthars Hammer and the Sons of Warven you shall be avenged...got to be one of the best lines ever.

Never give up never surrender

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 05:30 PM

I have to say that the original series with Shatner was repetitive and boring. Every episode ended with Shatner getting the girl.

Of far more interest was the next series: Star Trek: the Next Generation. Patrick Stewart was a far better actor than Shatner. Not only that, the storylines were far more interesting and only a few of them ended with the tedious matter of his second in command, Jonathan Frakes, getting the girl!

The third series: Star Trek: Voyager was also very watchable. Captain Janeway was far from my favourite as, apart from her loud, nasal voice which gave me a headache, her fellow actress Seven of Nine was a wonderful attraction; by far the best female actor in any of the series - for obvious reasons!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 07:54 PM

I watched and still do watch Star Trek with spock and Jim, the acting was atrocious, very wooden and almost laughable but yet I still like it.

I love Patrick Stewart and The Next Generation, he's a fabulous actor.

I never liked Deep Space Nine and I detested Star Trek Voyager, I wanted to slap the female captain round the face with a wet kipper, her voice really got on my nerves.

I'd say Next Generation was the best but I'll always have a soft spot for the original, cheesy Star Trek. There's Life Jim, but not as we know it
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:25 PM

[
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I watched and still do watch Star Trek with spock and Jim, the acting was atrocious, very wooden and almost laughable but yet I still like it.

I love Patrick Stewart and The Next Generation, he's a fabulous actor.

I never liked Deep Space Nine and I detested Star Trek Voyager, I wanted to slap the female captain round the face with a wet kipper, her voice really got on my nerves.

I'd say Next Generation was the best but I'll always have a soft spot for the original, cheesy Star Trek. There's Life Jim, but not as we know it
Enterprise was atrocious apart from T'Pol.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I never bothered to watch Deep Space Nine. I did once and it was extremely boring.

Janeway got on my nerves too. I suppose as the first female captain, they wanted her to sound strong and commanding, but they didn't need such a whiny voice.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I never bothered to watch Deep Space Nine. I did once and it was extremely boring.

Janeway got on my nerves too. I suppose as the first female captain, they wanted her to sound strong and commanding, but they didn't need such a whiny voice.
She was always whispering too. Got on my threepenny bits.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
She was always whispering too. Got on my threepenny bits.
And every other episode she was dressing up in period costume! That usually foretold a boring episode.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 09:21 PM

Perhaps people have fallen out with Captain Kirk (William Shatner) because just like the early James Bonds, the latest editions make the earlier ones look amateurish with very dodgy special effects. They were state of the art though at the time...
And I was young and the world and beyond was an exciting place to be growing up in......But now after my seventy year mission through life, I have seen the dark side of the world, warts and all, and I'm glad I don't have to do it all again.
You can keep your 'Born Again' and 'Life after Death' crap....I'll be checking out sometime in the next 25 years, and I aren't coming back.....

Bob's Log, Stardate......2020........Beam me up Scotty....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top