Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 07:24 PM

Will Life Ever Go Back To Normal

or do you think masks and social distancing is the new 'normal'

Do you think we will ever be able to go to the theatre again, go on holiday without having to isolate for 2 weeks, go to bars and restaurants without the staff having to be behind a perspex shield.

Will we be able to comfortably cuddle our families again?
I wonder if I will ever be able to cuddle my Dad again instead of the touching of elbows as signs of affection, it just doesn't seem the same does it.

So, how do you see our future, personally I can't see anything changing for a long time yet and just like so many others I'm finding it a bit depressing because this life is not the life we have all become accustomed to for all our lives.

This past year has changed beyond recognition in how we conduct our lives.

I don't think I'm being negative in my thinking, I would say I'm thinking realistically and I'm trying my best to keep positive in that at least we all still have a life, some weren't quite so lucky

So, will life ever be the same as it once was for us?

Interested to hear your views.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 08:04 PM

Re: Will Life Ever Go Back To Normal

I think it could be some years before we resume handshaking and continental kissing strangers.

Fist bumps for me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I think it could be some years before we resume handshaking and continental kissing strangers.

Fist bumps for me.
How do you feel about that Doody, does it make you feel sad that you can't hug, or perhaps you aren't a huggy person anyway.
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 08:24 PM

I think we have to live with this

There will be no vaccine for a while yet - if at all

My heart breaks for my friends who have had grandchildren born and have still not been able to cuddle them

I have so many friends with babies, who I cant hug and nurse

Ive only seen my own grandchildren once since lockdown, and it seems its going to be a while before we see them again within our home, because we shield mother

I have so many friends who have said goodbye to family members during all this, and haven't been there at the hospital, haven't been able to have a wake or a proper funeral

Times have changed and we won't be going back to how it was before anytime soon - if ever

I can live with the masks, I can live with not going to parties and mixing with people I don't know. Its very difficult, very very, not being able to hug and kiss
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Fist bumps for me.
Namaste for me .
I don’t think normality will come back soon maybe not in my lifetime .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by JeanMcP ->

My heart breaks for my friends who have had grandchildren born and have still not been able to cuddle them

Ive only seen my own grandchildren once since lockdown, and it seems its going to be a while before we see them again within our home, because we shield mother

I have so many friends who have said goodbye to family members during all this, and haven't been there at the hospital, haven't been able to have a wake or a proper funeral

Times have changed and we won't be going back to how it was before anytime soon - if ever

I can live with the masks, I can live with not going to parties and mixing with people I don't know. Its very difficult, very very, not being able to hug and kiss
I agree, it truly is so difficult. Your post made me feel quite emotional, everything you say is true and a very sad realisation. Take a virtual hug from me (hugs) xxxxxxxx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Namaste for me .
I don’t think normality will come back soon maybe not in my lifetime .
and a (hug) for you too . I hope you are ok Muddy xxx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by JeanMcP ->

I agree. A vaccine is the only thing that will change the situation but they are not ready to give it to us yet. I did hear somewhere that one of the human guinea pigs is very ill after being injected.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. A vaccine is the only thing that will change the situation but they are not ready to give it to us yet. I did hear somewhere that one of the human guinea pigs is very ill after being injected.
My dad told me he had heard that too tonight.

I'm not sure I would want to be one of those guinea pigs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My dad told me he had heard that too tonight.

I'm not sure I would want to be one of those guinea pigs.

Me neither. I seem to remember they were offering quite a bit of money. I suppose if I was suicidal due to money problems, I might take the chance with nothing to lose though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top