Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:57 PM

Re: Just to put things right

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oooer, sorry, I didn't know that.
Thanks gasman.
No problem my lovely
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
No problem my lovely

Did you see my question after I edited gasman?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oooer, sorry, I didn't know that.
Thanks gasman.

What is the point of that though?
I mean, before you take the photo, while you are looking at the ' subject' you want, it is not all blurry all round it, is it.
So why make it so in the end picture?
Another example is, I have never seen a painting with everything blurry around the topic?

Is it made blurry deliberately, or is it just the way it is focused?
The idea that it is made deliberately focused on the subject matter and the background is out of focus. That way, the eye concentrates on the main subjects and not the background. If everything was in focus, your eye would not focus on the main subject. As for a painting, that is a different matter. The artist has total control on the subject matter and has 'artistic licence' to create a painting. Turner comes to mind here. With photography, the camera doesn't take the image, the person behind the lens does. If the person behind the lens doesn't have a clue how to fully utilise its potential, then it is fruitless to explain more.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 11:37 PM

I have a Tamron lens dating back to my SLR Pentax 35mm camera but I never liked it much. I bought it because it was a cheap brand and all I could afford at the time however the results using it weren't that good - too many bits of glass that reduced contrast for a start. The Pentax made lens were far superior.

I don't know if Tamron quality has improved any in the interim but perhaps that is the problem.

What would I know? I only use a cheap compact these days. I also notice that even with those the quality suffers when the photo is cut from 4Mb to <100k for uploading and display on this site.
gasman
Kent, UK

10-09-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have a Tamron lens dating back to my SLR Pentax 35mm camera but I never liked it much. I bought it because it was a cheap brand and all I could afford at the time however the results using it weren't that good - too many bits of glass that reduced contrast for a start. The Pentax made lens were far superior.

I don't know if Tamron quality has improved any in the interim but perhaps that is the problem.

What would I know? I only use a cheap compact these days. I also notice that even with those the quality suffers when the photo is cut from 4Mb to <100k for uploading and display on this site.
I had the Pentax ME Super years ago as a first camera and it was awesome. I agree about the internet quality of the shots and we should not always judge about the quality of photos posted on here. Compact cameras and modern phones produce some really good shots.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 03:53 AM

Barry are you sure you can't see the difference? I can. this is the same picture close up,(edit crop) . it is not the same as enlarging the original photo.

had I used spot metering @ f2.8 instead of matrix metering at f8 or not used landscape but portrait mode it would have been even sharper. However even with the settings ,I admit I should have checked first, I am still pleased with the result

I could never ever get it like this with the old nikon lens.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 06:23 AM

Wow - Realspeed, that is really lovely!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Barry are you sure you can't see the difference? I can. this is the same picture close up,(edit crop) . it is not the same as enlarging the original photo.
Sorry RS, it must be my eyes then I guess, as to me it doesn't look any better than photos taken with my bog standard Lumix TZ8 compact or my cameraphone.... but if you say that you are happy with it then that's all that counts really, must be me that's wrong (so nothing new there then) .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:09 AM

Looks good to me realspeed, but that 'Blackspot' on the rose leaves needs treating....

Does anybody know what causes that by the way?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:54 AM

Barry again you missed the point. I don't know how muich clearer can make it.

This is a comparison between my old Nikon 24-70mm lens and the new tamron 24-70mm lens.

Got nothing to do with anyone elses camera.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top