Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 06:00 PM

Re: Just to put things right

Why do women wear makeup? That is not their true image either
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 06:38 PM

Off topic!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
........ but then it isn’t a true photo, it’s a tampered one isn’t it 🤔
You will find that most professional photographers 'alter' their photographs - it's very common. However, it depends on how much you alter the shots to please some people. The great photographer Ansel Adams was one of the first to introduce the system of 'dodging and burning' his shots. Some of his famous quotes are here :
https://shuttermuse.com/42-inspirati...s-photography/
I really like these two : “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”
and “I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!” Your camera will only take a photo of how IT sees it. It may not be the same as your eyes see it. Therefore, some alteration (post production) may be needed to enhance the shot. Camera's do not take photographs, you take photographs! The camera is just a means of encapsulating an image.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Barry are you sure you can't see the difference? I can. this is the same picture close up,(edit crop) . it is not the same as enlarging the original photo.

had I used spot metering @ f2.8 instead of matrix metering at f8 or not used landscape but portrait mode it would have been even sharper. However even with the settings ,I admit I should have checked first, I am still pleased with the result

Spot metering at f2.8 would not have improved your photo. Have a look here for your new lens : Overall, considering both center and corner sharpness, the “sweet spot” for the Tamron 24-70/2.8 VC is in the f5.6-f8 region. Matrix metering wouldn't have helped either, try centre weighted. What has landscape or portrait mode got to do with it? It makes no difference at all. I know that this isn't a photographic site and you hate constructive criticism , however, I understand how the internet compresses photographs and does lose sharpness. Having said that, others have posted shots on here that are pin sharp.
I could never ever get it like this with the old nikon lens.
With all due respect RS, you could have taken that shot with a phone camera for a better result. As Barry said, there isn't much difference.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 10:43 PM

Wouldn't know don't have one but I doubt it very much.So can't compare and irreverent anyway, it was if you missed a comparison between nikon and tamron 24-70mm lens ONLY

Got absolutely nothing to do with anything else.

Tamron 24-70mm G2 hand held video test i did in the garden
and

couldn't do this with the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 G lens without a tripod and also the focus change click would be more audable
gasman
Kent, UK

12-09-2020, 11:42 PM

Wouldn't know don't have one but I doubt it very much.SO can't compare and irreverent anyway, it was if you missed a comparison between nikon and tamron 24-70mm lens ONLY

Got absolutely nothing to do with anything else. As Mags says your going off topic to try and prove something.

Tamron 24-70mm G2 hand held video test i did in the garden
and

couldn't do this with the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 G lens without a tripod and also the focus change click would be more audable
As Mags says your going off topic to try and prove something.
I think that you will find that Mags was talking about you and not me

Why do women wear makeup? That is not their true image either

Off topic
Off topic! Try to get your facts right
There isn't a word called irreverent - you mean irrelevant.
Naturally enough, you bypassed my original reply. had I used spot metering @ f2.8 instead of matrix metering at f8 or not used landscape but portrait mode it would have been even sharper. However even with the settings ,I admit I should have checked first, I am still pleased with the result

Spot metering at f2.8 would not have improved your photo. Have a look here for your new lens : Overall, considering both center and corner sharpness, the “sweet spot” for the Tamron 24-70/2.8 VC is in the f5.6-f8 region. Matrix metering wouldn't have helped either, try centre weighted. What has landscape or portrait mode got to do with it? It makes no difference at all. I know that this isn't a photographic site and you hate constructive criticism , however, I understand how the internet compresses photographs and does lose sharpness. Having said that, others have posted shots on here that are pin sharp.
I could never ever get it like this with the old nikon lens.
With all due respect RS, you could have taken that shot with a phone camera for a better result. As Barry said, there isn't much difference.

The fact is, you hate to be advised and any help given is just a waste of time. So, go enjoy your new lens and may it bring every happiness into your life
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-09-2020, 12:39 AM

I am happy with the photos I take and to me that is all that matters. Don't want to be the next David Bailey doing professional shoots or even be technically perfect.

The main thing for me is have a photo to remember people and places I have known or been to.

Like this one I took on a brownie 127 about 70 years ago of my Grandmother (back row on right) and some of the family, I must have been about 5 years old or there abouts. all, bar the child, are no longer with us

4 generations in the photo

This is why I take photos without this one I would have forgotten what they looked like.

No my photos are for me and willing to show some that might interest others. If others like them then yes ok if not then so be it.

Hope this explains my attitude towards photography more

I don't really care if the horizon is straight or not.
I don't really care it the main subject is sharper than a knife.
I don't really care if the composition is not correct
I don't really care if the subject is in the wrong position in a photo
I don't really care if the colours are wrong
I don't really care if the lighting is wrong

What I do care about is the memories that a photo brings back. That photo of my gran still brings tears to my eyes remembering the great time on the holidays going to stay with her. That is what I take photos for.

Yes nice to get it all nearly right but am I fanatical about it?
no way

why do I have fairly decent photographic gear? because I worked damn hard over many years for it and can afford it

If people can't understand that then that is their problem not mine
gasman
Kent, UK

15-09-2020, 12:38 AM

I am happy with the photos I take and to me that is all that matters. Don't want to be the next David Bailey doing professional shoots or even be technically perfect.
Why not? You have the gear, why not learn more about it?

The main thing for me is have a photo to remember people and places I have known or been to.

Like this one I took on a brownie 127 about 70 years ago of my Grandmother (back row on right) and some of the family, I must have been about 5 years old or there abouts. all, bar the child, are no longer with us

4 generations in the photo

This is why I take photos without this one I would have forgotten what they looked like.

No my photos are for me and willing to show some that might interest others. If others like them then yes ok if not then so be it.

Hope this explains my attitude towards photography more

I don't really care if the horizon is straight or not.
I don't really care it the main subject is sharper than a knife.
I don't really care if the composition is not correct
I don't really care if the subject is in the wrong position in a photo
I don't really care if the colours are wrong
I don't really care if the lighting is wrong

Why not? We know that this isn't a photographic site, however, what is wrong in getting your shots correct? As stated before, you really hate any bad comments regarding your photographic skills.

[What I do care about is the memories that a photo brings back. Like your Pigeon or bee photo? What memories can you get from them?
[/FONT] That photo of my gran still brings tears to my eyes remembering the great time on the holidays going to stay with her. That is what I take photos for.

Yes nice to get it all nearly right but am I fanatical about it?
no way

why do I have fairly decent photographic gear? because I worked damn hard over many years for it and can afford it

If people can't understand that then that is their problem not mine
I really can't understand your attitude towards your photos. On one hand you say that you don't care if people like them, however, you keep posting hoping that someone might just do that - and good on you After spending lots of your hard earned money on photographic equipment, surely you must want to have decent end results?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top