Join for free
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:29 AM

Coming to a pharmacy near you.

https://mailchi.mp/psnc/psnc-daily-u...0?e=3f9a280e27

If this goes through and becomes common practice, your prescription could differ from that which was prescribed by your GP.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:38 AM

Re: Coming to a pharmacy near you.

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
https://mailchi.mp/psnc/psnc-daily-u...0?e=3f9a280e27

If this goes through and becomes common practice, your prescription could differ from that which was prescribed by your GP.
As long as the pharmacist is competent, there shouldn't be a problem with pharmacy-supplied drugs.

However, some of my drugs are supplied, pre-packed, from a central warehouse and combined with the remainder from my local pharmacy - I don't know if my pharmacist physically checks the contents of the pack from the warehouse.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
.. ..some of my drugs are supplied, pre-packed, from a central warehouse and combined with the remainder from my local pharmacy - I don't know if my pharmacist physically checks the contents of the pack from the warehouse.
All should be checked and the pharmacy label should indicate the initials of the member of staff who checked it and also that of a 2nd checker.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:25 PM

I can't see this being agreed. Their systems are so varied at present. Plus it would depend on competency and 100% good practice adherence.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
All should be checked and the pharmacy label should indicate the initials of the member of staff who checked it and also that of a 2nd checker.
Ah, but ..... usually 8 items are in a sealed plastic bag from the warehouse which is included with the remaining 4 in a pharmacy paper bag ..... so, different checkers .....

I'll investigate when I collect my next batch ......
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:56 PM

Like Omah my five items are put into a sealed plastic bag at an assembly point about 350 miles away. No sign of it being checked locally.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-09-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Like Omah my five items are put into a sealed plastic bag at an assembly point about 350 miles away. No sign of it being checked locally.
I thought that was what happened - thanks for confirming it .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top