Join for free
Page 14 of 21 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:30 PM

Re: Brexit Day Bill from EU?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes we do, but our systems are only set up for that volume of traffic.

Also, other Countries have much longer lead in time, it takes weeks for the goods to get here so we can do it Enroute.

We can stack the Containers if there are any issues.

Seamless transport across the Channel is a very different thing.

I simply cannot understand your logic.

Do you know better than our Government?

Better than Gove?

If you do, you are wasted, you would be the richest person in the UK.

You are calling both Gove and Boris idiots and liars.

Time to step up to the mark JBR.

Ofcourse its never occurred to you that Michael Gove is winding up the EU because the checks at the borders and all the delays will affect all of the EU stuff coming here and all the EU stuff going to Ireland ?

Our stuff going to the EU is tiny in comparison and most of it is their stuff anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ofcourse its never occurred to you that Michael Gove is winding up the EU because the checks at the borders and all the delays will affect all of the EU stuff coming here and all the EU stuff going to Ireland ?

Our stuff going to the EU is tiny in comparison and most of it is their stuff anyway.
Good for him.

As I have said time and again, Brexit will inconvenience them more than it does us.
Which serves them right for their dictatorial attitude.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good for him.

As I have said time and again, Brexit will inconvenience them more than it does us.
Which serves them right for their dictatorial attitude.
Absolutely right.

The EU looks weak today and will look weaker and weaker as the year goes on, so much so, that countries like Norway and Switzerland etc who pay huge amounts of money for membership of the single market will give them the finger as well.

But there again, the EU does have the ascension of Macedonia and Romania to look forward to
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:45 PM

The term "3rd Country" is a phrase the EU use.

We are not a 3rd Country, we are an independent sovereign nation. The EU just think everyone who isn't an EU member state is inferior to the white, unelected (mostly German) supremacist leaders in the EU Mafia

Ofcourse we already do checks, but not necessarily at borders. Most of them are via intelligence lead tip-offs or because of security/environmental risks. The same goes for other countries not in the EU as well.

The vision of border guards opening the lorries up and going through all the boxes is just hysterical nonesense, its the usual project fear clap-trap thats been going on for years.

Von Der Leyen is already caving in now that Boris has confirmed we will leave with no deal (the Australian model) if they EU ask for stupid things, like they have in the past. In the meantime, we will roll forward our existing deals with some countries and create new trade arrangements with other countries. The EU is not a priority and they know this.
Hi

Really?

We have decided to do checks, not the EU.

The EU is our biggest Export Market, so it is an issue.

Our own Government has said this will cause disruption to our Exporters and Importers.

As a Consultant to Exporters I am surprised by your inability to understand this.

Trade will not be seamless, our own Government has stated this.

We will have to certify our own Medicines, we will no longer have EU Certification in 10 Months.

This will impose huge additional costs on our Pharmaceutical Industries.

The situation is much worse in other Industries.

Over 90% of our Food Vets are EU Citizens.

The EU have offered them triple the money they are on here in the UK to work for them.

The EU already have the Computer Systems in place for Goods, ours are not in place until 2025.

Get Real.

I am no Remainer, the standard insult on here.

I do however have an understanding of the situation.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-02-2020, 04:05 PM

Hi

Really?

We have decided to do checks, not the EU.

The EU is our biggest Export Market, so it is an issue.

Our own Government has said this will cause disruption to our Exporters and Importers.

As a Consultant to Exporters I am surprised by your inability to understand this.

Trade will not be seamless, our own Government has stated this.

We will have to certify our own Medicines, we will no longer have EU Certification in 10 Months.

This will impose huge additional costs on our Pharmaceutical Industries.

The situation is much worse in other Industries.

Over 90% of our Food Vets are EU Citizens.

The EU have offered them triple the money they are on here in the UK to work for them.

The EU already have the Computer Systems in place for Goods, ours are not in place until 2025.

Get Real.

I am no Remainer, the standard insult on here.

I do however have an understanding of the situation.
I don't think you know anything about it. You were claiming you would be making £400 a day signing customs papers for your polish mates a while back and then saying vegetables would be rotting at Dover

I don't believe a word you say, its all gobble-de-gook from remain propaganda sites.

We already certify our own medicines - and they are certified again all over the world by health authorities. We also have the MHRA - we have always had it to certify and license our pharma and medical device products, the EU has the EMA, Switzerland SwissMedic etc and the USA the FDA. If the EU decide they will not use UK products then thousands of people a day will die from not being able to receive our unique, patented drug products ... anti-cancer, anti-viral, heart drugs, HIV drugs etc etc. It would be ethnic cleansing on a huge scale... are you for real ????

Why does trade with the EU need to be seamless but not anywhere else in the world ? Because of JIT Manufacturing .... ? Well, I have news for you, in JIT manufacturing you can adjust timescales, volumes and priorities to still meet deadlines, that's the nature of it. Not all manufacturing supply chains are identical ... I know... amazing isn't it but thats how it works.

We can send products from the UK to the USA in the morning and it can be on site the next day customs cleared by 1pm in the USA. Leaving a political union means your JIT Manufacturing can't be done anymore ... is this what you are saying ? If so, you have real problems

As for the EU having computer systems in place, so do we, its called Single Window and other ERP solutions such as SAP, JDE etc. I use these every day ... it's no big deal, you just click on the information and where you want to send it and bingo ... anywhere in the world. Have you never heard of ecommerce or Amazon etc ? It doesn't sound like it to me.

Jeez, get a life and stop lying with your pro-EU propaganda shite.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Try not to be so argumentative. I was only asking.

Hi

You are the one flinging the insults.

I just respond with facts.

An example, Gibraltar.

It will be wiped out with one single conventional missile, by conventional, I mean Non Nuclear.

A hypersonic cruise missile with a thermobaric warhead targeted at the fuel and ammunition stores.

It is part of our Wargames, a simple fact of life.

The UK has no land based anti missile systems, unlike other Countries.

The UK has no Surveillance Satellites.

We rely on the US for them, amongst others.

The UK has no Independent Nuclear Deterrent, we cannot launch without USA Permission.

The only European Country with it's own Nuclear Deterrent is France.

Our Wargames Scenario is very simple.

Gibraltar can go, the US will not react, it is a trivial thing.

It is of no Strategic significance at all.

The interception facilities and listening facilities are here in the UK.

The Straits are already mined, with Nukes, so can be sealed off.

The Wargames Scenario.

No American President will allow a Nuclear Strike on the US Mainland.

A Strike on the UK will be allowed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-02-2020, 04:14 PM

Hi

I just respond with facts.

An example, Gibraltar.

It will be wiped out with one single conventional missile, by conventional, I mean Non Nuclear.

A hypersonic cruise missile with a thermobaric warhead targeted at the fuel and ammunition stores.

It is part of our Wargames, a simple fact of life.

The UK has no land based anti missile systems, unlike other Countries.

The UK has no Surveillance Satellites.

We rely on the US for them, amongst others.

The UK has no Independent Nuclear Deterrent, we cannot launch without USA Permission.

The only European Country with it's own Nuclear Deterrent is France.

Our Wargames Scenario is very simple.

Gibraltar can go, the US will not react, it is a trivial thing.

It is of no Strategic significance at all.

The interception facilities and listening facilities are here in the UK.

The Straits are already mined, with Nukes, so can be sealed off.

The Wargames Scenario.

No American President will allow a Nuclear Strike on the US Mainland.

A Strike on the UK will be allowed.

Why do you want to blow up Gibraltar ????

You're not right in the head
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Really?

This is my post which you found 'insulting':

"Don't we have to undergo such checks and paperwork when trading with third countries?
So what's the big deal then? Leave. Leave now. There's nothing to be gained by wasting a year of 'transitions'."

Please be so good as to highlight the actual words you found insulting.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:57 PM

Why does trade with the EU need to be seamless but not anywhere else in the world ? Because of JIT Manufacturing .... ? Well, I have news for you, in JIT manufacturing you can adjust timescales, volumes and priorities to still meet deadlines, that's the nature of it. Not all manufacturing supply chains are identical ... I know... amazing isn't it but thats how it works.
Absolutely 100% correct. JIT manufacturing (just one tool in a very extensive Lean Manufacturing tool box) is exactly as Bread says; it's flexible. There is nothing stopping a manufacturer from shipping goods a couple of hours/days/weeks/months earlier than requested if the goods can be stored in a bonded warehouse close to the factory that ordered them in the 1st place and drawn from there as and when needed. Unfortunately, we only ever get to hear about Toyota's version of JIT where all parts HAVE to be delivered EXACTLY on time or the supplier will be "fined" for early/late deliveries.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-02-2020, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Absolutely 100% correct. JIT manufacturing (just one tool in a very extensive Lean Manufacturing tool box) is exactly as Bread says; it's flexible. There is nothing stopping a manufacturer from shipping goods a couple of hours/days/weeks/months earlier than requested if the goods can be stored in a bonded warehouse close to the factory that ordered them in the 1st place and drawn from there as and when needed. Unfortunately, we only ever get to hear about Toyota's version of JIT where all parts HAVE to be delivered EXACTLY on time or the supplier will be "fined" for early/late deliveries.

Yep

Look at how many high sided lorries and ferries have had to stop because of bad weather from france to the UK ...

Just one example

Another is the industrial action by the French that shaft the channel crossings.... ever noticed operation stack only goes one way

Page 14 of 21 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top