Join for free
Page 15 of 21 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:39 PM

Re: Brexit Day Bill from EU?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ofcourse its never occurred to you that Michael Gove is winding up the EU because the checks at the borders and all the delays will affect all of the EU stuff coming here and all the EU stuff going to Ireland ?

Our stuff going to the EU is tiny in comparison and most of it is their stuff anyway.
You can say a lot of things about Gove's style of politics but he is not known to wind others up or deliberately spread misconceptions. If he says 2025 then he is being realistic and honest.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:49 PM

I don't think you know anything about it. You were claiming you would be making £400 a day signing customs papers for your polish mates a while back and then saying vegetables would be rotting at Dover

I don't believe a word you say, its all gobble-de-gook from remain propaganda sites.

We already certify our own medicines - and they are certified again all over the world by health authorities. We also have the MHRA - we have always had it to certify and license our pharma and medical device products, the EU has the EMA, Switzerland SwissMedic etc and the USA the FDA. If the EU decide they will not use UK products then thousands of people a day will die from not being able to receive our unique, patented drug products ... anti-cancer, anti-viral, heart drugs, HIV drugs etc etc. It would be ethnic cleansing on a huge scale... are you for real ????
You do realise that we are reliant on imports for our medicines? If we manufacture medicines the inputs will have to be imported from somewhere. If we cannot import and export easily it could lead to businesses relocating or shutting down through lack of trade. The companies manufacturing the patented products are multinationals and have no national loyalties. But there are many smaller British suppliers producing generics. If they export to the EU then they have to satisfy EU regulations.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You do realise that we are reliant on imports for our medicines? If we manufacture medicines the inputs will have to be imported from somewhere. If we cannot import and export easily it could lead to businesses relocating or shutting down through lack of trade. The companies manufacturing the patented products are multinationals and have no national loyalties. But there are many smaller British suppliers producing generics. If they export to the EU then they have to satisfy EU regulations.

Dont be silly ... are you just trying to wind me up ?

We import from all over the world do you realise the purchasing power of the NHS ?

Not being funny but you have no idea what your talking about
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 12:05 AM

We import from all over the world do you realise the purchasing power of the NHS ?

This is a fragile supply chain. There is clearly concern as the following guidance has just been issued.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...tinuations.pdf

It's a pain in the neck and cost particularly tricky when it comes to devices.

A view from Forbes when assessing no deal in oct :

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephen.../#6d1dc73c3423
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Absolutely 100% correct. JIT manufacturing (just one tool in a very extensive Lean Manufacturing tool box) is exactly as Bread says; it's flexible. There is nothing stopping a manufacturer from shipping goods a couple of hours/days/weeks/months earlier than requested if the goods can be stored in a bonded warehouse close to the factory that ordered them in the 1st place and drawn from there as and when needed. Unfortunately, we only ever get to hear about Toyota's version of JIT where all parts HAVE to be delivered EXACTLY on time or the supplier will be "fined" for early/late deliveries.
There's nothing stopping it as long as the manufacturer has a guaranteed and frictionless supply of production inputs and a flexible and enthusiastic workforce. Let's not forget logistics!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 12:11 AM

You can say a lot of things about Gove's style of politics but he is not known to wind others up or deliberately spread misconceptions. If he says 2025 then he is being realistic and honest.
You hope!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 12:14 AM

As a knackered old shit who relies on an interesting assortment of medicines, I'd just like to say that I am not at all worried about a lack of what I need after Brexit!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You hope!
Let's not forget you're the one who believed his brexit spiel!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As a knackered old shit who relies on an interesting assortment of medicines, I'd just like to say that I am not at all worried about a lack of what I need after Brexit!
They have had four years + to prepare so let's hope that we have a plan in Jan 21!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 11:12 AM

This is a fragile supply chain. There is clearly concern as the following guidance has just been issued.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...tinuations.pdf

It's a pain in the neck and cost particularly tricky when it comes to devices.

A view from Forbes when assessing no deal in oct :

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephen.../#6d1dc73c3423

I do this for a living Annie do you really think I need to read articles from Forbes to find out what will happen ?

The NHS is the biggest health care purchaser in the world. Do you think drug companies want to shaft their biggest customer because we arent in a political union with 27 other countries? Dream on ... pharma standards originate from the USA and UK anyway what do we need the EMA for ? To copy our regulations like they normally do ...

We have stock outs at the moment all the time... HRT treatments and EpiPen are just 2 examples, also some tablets aren't available in the dosage specified on the prescription, so you may be prescribed 100mg but there is only 75mg in stock etc etc etc.. look at the weather that stops calais ferries and industrial action in France that stops flights. Your painting a picture of trade that simply isn't true.

Project fear has been debunked every time ... it wasn't long ago we were told we would need an extra 1 million body bags for goods sake.

Page 15 of 21 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top