Join for free
Page 33 of 35 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Re: Teeth

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Trains do Hazel darlin' - and I'll meet you at the station.
never been on a train wouldn't know what to do and you have to change and then I'd get lost. If I can get lost in a pub I can get lost anywhere.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Done and dusted now folks. Thanks once again for your support.
Yes but you haven't said how they are.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Right Mollie darlin' - we've now got to see you feed yourself properly, build up your strength again, so lots of Steak & Kindney puddings, steamed suet puddings and custard, fish 'n chips, bangers and mash, toad in-the-hole, full Sunday roasts, curries, pizzas, paella, doughnuts, cakes, biscuits.
What are you like at all.

Sorry Hazel. Was in too much pain Friday night. It's not going as well as I expected and am returning to the dentist on Monday.

Speaking: I've been reading things out loud so that I can pronounce my s's properly, which I'm getting used to.

Eating: Well, I have managed some pizza, and a baked potato, but it was hard work learning how to eat again. I yearn for the some the foods you've mentioned, except for the suet puddings and doughnuts, cakes and biscuits. Tomorrow I am going to try a beef dinner with roasted spuds etc, but I'm not confident I'll be able to eat it properly as there's summat not quite right. Mayhap it's something I'll have to get used to.

I tried getting the bluddy things out tonight to give them a swill and it was a bit of a battle as they were stuck fast, but again, that will come with practise.

On a more serious note, just before the remaining last four were extracted, I broke my heart and was in floods of tears. The dentist's assistant held my hand, and my dentist comforted me as well. Such wonderful people.

He had to keep removing the denture to trim down the back molars until they felt comfortable, but the back left is still causing me a problem, hence my going again on Monday. Luckily, I booked the day off work, just in case there was an issue with them, so I'm glad I did that.

I still have some pain to the left upper lip, just under my left nostril, and in the middle, and I don't know if that's normal or not as well. I've not taken anything for it, because I need to know when the pain disappears of its own accord, not because I've taken painkillers. I can live with that though.

The teeth are very pretty and I am regaining confidence in myself to actually smile at folk, but I'm not quite there yet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Mollie darlin' - your gums are a little red and angry (remember the dentist has just removed four teeth), so the gums will be a little sore in places for a while. As they settle down, the pain will subside, but be aware they may shrink a little too so buy yourself some dental fixatives (just in case).
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

02-12-2012, 10:49 AM

perseverance Mollie you'll win through in the end I'm sure.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:19 PM

It's pretty usual for the new dentures to rub a bit in places. The dentist will be able to see on your gums where they rub & grind them down a bit. Where you have just had your front teeth out they will be very tender for a few days. You'll get there in the end.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Mollie, remember you are going through the unknown at the moment, it is all completely new to you and every twinge and pain is going to make you wonder if something is wrong. I hope I'm right in assuming that this may be a natural process to go through while your gums settle and to enable your dentist to make any necessary adjustments so that your new teeth fit perfectly and are comfortable for you.

I'm sure by Christmas you will think these are the best Christmas present ever!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 03:32 AM

Aw thanks. Yes, they are settling in a little bit better now, but I'm still going back to the dentist tomorrow because the left side just doesn't feel right. I'll ask him to grind down the back left molar so that I can bite down properly.

I've been trying to eat normally, but I can't, so I'll just have to keep persevering.

Thanks again, everyone.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by mollie ->
aw, thank you for that, marcus. What a lovely way of looking at it. You are so right when you say i've punished myself, although i must admit i never thought that before now, but that's what i have done, and it really wasn't my fault this happened.

I'm so sick and weary of covering my mouth when i speak, and even more weary of not being able to eat properly so, friday is d-day (denture day), and i do have mixed feelings about it.

I only have three viable top teeth left, as the fourth is due to drop out anytime because it is so loose. I thought with the impressions i've had to have (not a good experience) that tooth would have come out with the gunk, but the stubborn little beggar didn't.

I do feel a bit embarrassed actually to have caused such a fuss over my teeth, when there are people suffering with far worse medical problems than i, such as cancer, heart disease etc, to which i am very sympathetic and i should be grateful i'm not suffering those things, but for me this has been enormous, as you all know.

You really are a great bunch of folks and believe it or not, you have helped me plod along on this trek. There have been a few times where i've not kept my appointments, but i've had a bluddy good dentist who has been empathic to my situation and i've been very lucky to have him and vicky, his dental assistant (who happens to have gorgeous teeth ) and i truly felt that they were very supportive of me all the way.

Gy: You keep cleaning and flossing chuck. I did all of that as well, but it was the gum infection that brought all this about.

so, roll on friday. I hope this will be the end of a long road. :-d
go mollie...go. Good luck.....cya
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

04-12-2012, 02:30 AM

Ta folks for further advice. Everything's fine now, but I had to go back today as I'd developed a small ulcer just under the teeth at the very front and it was killing me. He ground down a little more and all is well now, except that I'm still having a bit of trouble eating, and saying my s's. I'll get there in the end. This is me now -

Oh, edit: I forgot to say, I was given a starter pack which is a nice little blue bag containing information leaflets, soaking solution tablets and polygrip!

The teeth are such a good fit that I've had problems removing them, and so did the dentist today, but practise makes perfect.

Uncle Joe: I had steak pudding and managed a few chips for tea, so I'm improving.

Page 33 of 35 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top