Join for free
Page 34 of 35 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 08:15 AM

Re: Teeth

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Ta folks for further advice. Everything's fine now, but I had to go back today as I'd developed a small ulcer just under the teeth at the very front and it was killing me. He ground down a little more and all is well now, except that I'm still having a bit of trouble eating, and saying my s's. I'll get there in the end. This is me now -

Oh, edit: I forgot to say, I was given a starter pack which is a nice little blue bag containing information leaflets, soaking solution tablets and polygrip!

The teeth are such a good fit that I've had problems removing them, and so did the dentist today, but practise makes perfect.

Uncle Joe: I had steak pudding and managed a few chips for tea, so I'm improving.

WhooHoo Mollie darlin' - great news!!! We'll have you eating full fry ups with Black puddin' and all very soon now!!!!

PS, now that you have your new gnashers and the treatment is complete, we now want a full piccy of you Mollie darlin' of you smiling and showing us your shiny new gnashers.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
WhooHoo Mollie darlin' - great news!!! We'll have you eating full fry ups with Black puddin' and all very soon now!!!!

PS, now that you have your new gnashers and the treatment is complete, we now want a full piccy of you Mollie darlin' of you smiling and showing us your shiny new gnashers.
No black puddin' for me. I may be a Northern lass, but there's no way I'd eat that.

Sorry, no picture either. I'd have to get my hair done and put some slap on. Maybe one day though. It's not easy to look pretty at age 63.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Sorry, no picture either. I'd have to get my hair done and put some slap on. Maybe one day though. It's not easy to look pretty at age 63.
No worries Mollie we can wait, but beauty comes from the inside so a few wrinkles and no lippy wouldn't make any difference to how we see you...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
No worries Mollie we can wait, but beauty comes from the inside so a few wrinkles and no lippy wouldn't make any difference to how we see you...
I second that, Barry!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2012, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Thank ye kindly Sir Barry, but it's how I see myself.

I don't have any wrinkles, except a few laughter lines around my eyes. Give me a few months to get used to my new look, then maybe ......
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Thank ye kindly Sir Barry, but it's how I see myself.

I don't have any wrinkles, except a few laughter lines around my eyes. Give me a few months to get used to my new look, then maybe ......
A few months Mollie darlin???? Was hoping we'd see a happy smiling piccy of you this side of Xmas Mollie darlin'.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

08-12-2012, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A few months Mollie darlin???? Was hoping we'd see a happy smiling piccy of you this side of Xmas Mollie darlin'.
Sorry chuck. I'm not even doing mirrors yet, so a camera is out of the question right now. You have to understand that I have a very low esteem right now, but I will build that back up, and who knows .....

I'm still trying to come to terms with losing my teeth which I honestly never thought would ever happen to me. I can't eat properly; I'm having trouble speaking properly; and despite my dentist's best efforts, I don't feel like me yet.

I'm sure that anyone who has been through this will understand it, but if you haven't, you can't.

Everyone has been so kind to me, which I really didn't expect, and you've all helped me through these hard times in different ways, so thank you all once again.

When I can afford it I plan to have my hair re-designed and when I feel good about myself again, I'll have a photy taken and put it on here. Good enough?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Fair enough Mollie darlin' - we'll hold you to that - perhaps a piccy of you next Spring sitting on a swing with a broad smile on your face.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Mollie, it's quite understandable you need time to adjust to your new change, I can't even begin to understand what it must feel like for you at the moment.

Never mind the photo, you don't have to post one .... just concentrate on regaining your confidence and feeling better about yourself again.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

09-12-2012, 02:11 AM

Thank you Mags for being so understanding. I'm still not able to eat properly and this is a bit of a torment for me because I'm not able to chew like I used to.

I'm gaining a little more confidence when I'm speaking to people now and smiling again, and I sometimes forget by putting my hand over my mouth, but I am definitely getting there.

Page 34 of 35 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top