Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Too Posh To Shop

I introduced my friend to the wonders of the Pound Shop the other day.She absolutely loved it although she kept looking towards the door to make sure no one she knew entered.After she'd spent over £20 we made our way to the car where she instantly transfered all her " GOODIES " into M & S carrier bags.She didn't want the neighbours to see where she'd been...............

Are you too posh to shop ?
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Re: Too Posh To Shop

What a snob!!! I did my grocery shopping today and came home with some medium sized christmas gift bags, which had retailed for $2-3 au before christmas going out today for 37cents each! I go to the cost plus, $2 shops, shop at groceryrun.com.au and catchof the day.com.au and save heaps and tell everyone! I am shameless! If I can save money and get comparable quality for what I am seeking then I shall!
I got beautiful gourmet fruit mince pies for OH at Christmas online 9 for $2.50 in the supermarkets that would have cost 4 times as much. They were fresh, long shelf life and combined with the other goods I bought the delivery of $9 from the other side of the country was negligible.
Your friend is truly a two bob snob!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 03:16 PM

Too posh to shop? No not me, I like to pick up a bargain and don't care who knows it!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 03:23 PM

I'm never out of my local charity shop. When I'm on holiday in the UK, I need to check out the town's or city's charity shop. Sad, but one does'nt care!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 03:26 PM

Two bob snob, that funny Lorraine.

I am certainly not too posh to shop. I love a bargain. I like to shop at all shops. But I do like value for my money.
I cannot see the point in paying for something if its cheap and nasty. But love to find a good bargain.
I have to buy a wedding outfit for daughters wedding. I will be looking in the sales for something. If I cannot find anything I like, then I will have to pay full price. Which will annoy me,as I know I will never wear the outfit again.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 04:20 PM

I like to have a look in the bargain shops and often get things at a lower price than the super markets.
There are a few not too far away eg. pound shop,pound stretcher and home bargains.
All of them are value for money so no foolish pride for me.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Hahaha love it. Maybe you should suggest to her to buy a couple of Harrods Shopping Bags...after all if you going to do the Shop Snob Thing, then you need to do it right.

Shaz you get some excellent Wedding and Posh Doo outfits on Ebay for a fraction of the High Street price.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Actually I know someone who did keep her Harrods carrier and she popped her 'bargain buy' one inside it. Stupid really, no Harrods in Poole is there? The most stupid carriers I know are those Primark ones. Made of brown paper (all well and good to go green) but they break easily and if it's raining you've had it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 07:32 PM

I agree with everybody else. That lass is a snob. I love the Pound Only shops, charity shops and the like. There's nothing posh about an M&S carrier bag these days though. That's one shop I definitely wouldn't go into.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 08:03 PM

I like M & S and buy most of my clothes there, I've tried other clothes shops and I find the sizing and fit to be poor. I wouldn't think of M & S as being a posh shop, would you?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top