Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Re: Stupid Ads.

So thats where I went wrong regarding Spanish gentlemen!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 09:01 PM

I suggest the Dove model used a Phillips Ladyshave, no sore underarms then!

My Brother is married to an Italian girl and it was when I first met her that I discovered that Italian women don't shave under their arms either. Must admit I thought it looked gross the first time!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 11:17 PM

We got a new stupid Ad. on tonight, I've just seen it and I can't believe it. It's for eggs and the lady states that "happy hens lay happy eggs". A few questions, how does she know when her hens are happy?, do they sing and dance for her?. Have you ever eaten a happy egg or are all yours depressed and sad?. Maybe she could pass on the secret to other farmers, then we could have happy pigs and cows laughing all the way to the slaughter house.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 12:11 AM

How about - Domestos "kills" germs "dead." Er .....
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 08:04 PM

What annoys me about adverts is there seems to be more and more adverts being added to the breaks in programs.
At each break I find myself thinking this has got to be the last advert but several adverts on I am still thinking this as got to be the last advert!
There is going to be more time spent on adverts than the actual programs; that's if there isn't already!
Is it me or are there longer advert breaks than there used to be?
I find it so annoying when I get interested in a program or film and then it gets interrupted by adverts.
The one best overall thing I like about the BBC is the absence of commercial breaks.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 02:45 AM

I agree with you there, Reuben, and that's one of the reasons I stopped watching TV, favouring catch-up TV instead. I used to press "mute" when adverts came on anyway, so they were wasted on me. Mekers of adverts seem to think that watchers are totally brain dead and actually believe all the guff they're being told!

There was a time when I believe the commercial break was between 2/3 minutes, but that lengthened to about 5 minutes, perhaps more.

If you used Colgate toothpaste which is "better than any other" and your teeth didn't improve, can you sue the advertiser through trading standards, or any other ad for that matter? I don't think so!
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 10:45 AM

Most adverts are a load of codswhallop and there is always gullible types that will fall for them.
The ones that are blatant are the adverts with celebs. acting to script and getting well paid for the farcical claims.
Years ago I can remember Joanna Lumley as a younger lesser know actress doing a shampoo advert claiming its qualities.
Then when she had made a name for herself she owned up to never having used the shampoo in the advert but did it for the money.
Nothing much changed there then apart from even more celebs acting out more farces.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

07-01-2012, 04:56 PM

One of the worst on recently is for a furniture chain store, I think it is Harveys but not too certain.

Anyway it portrays a woman so suited with the chairs she fills up the house with them so no one can move.

Far from encouraging sales I suspect most women would be deply offended to be caricatured in this demeaning and patronizing way.

I would lay Lincoln odds that the ad person was not female.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
One of the worst on recently is for a furniture chain store, I think it is Harveys but not too certain.

Anyway it portrays a woman so suited with the chairs she fills up the house with them so no one can move.

Far from encouraging sales I suspect most women would be deply offended to be caricatured in this demeaning and patronizing way.

I would lay Lincoln odds that the ad person was not female.
I think Harvey's Furniture is the current sponsor of Coronation Street ....... and after all, we ladies must have a comfortable chair/sofa to watch our favourite soap!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 05:53 PM

There seem to be quite a lot of adverts for loans at the moment, Pay Day Loans is one of them, I feel sorry for anyone who falls for that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top