Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 01:05 AM

Re: Great Expectations, dashed.

You wouldn't think she was Thora Hird's daughter, would you?

Now then, I've watched the first episode of Great Expectations and I have to admit that I did enjoy it BUT, having said that, this is the first adaptation I've ever seen of it. To my shame, I have the complete works of Charles Dickens, which are around 80 years old now, but I've never read one of the books, as I find them too difficult to get into.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
You wouldn't think she was Thora Hird's daughter, would you?.
No Molly I wouldn't think Jean Simmons is Thora Hird's daughter!
Janette Scott who married Mel Torme the well known American singer is Thora Hird's daughter.
She was also a very attractive actress in her day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Jean Simmons certainly was a beauty and her very presence lifted many a film to a different level. I remember her in Spartacus with Kirk Douglas, she was magnificent in sackcloth and sandals....
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-01-2012, 06:05 PM

She was one of our greats, Shadows in the Sun, the last film she ever made in 2009 is a fitting tribute to her as she was very ill then.
A complicated but delicate person who never really got the recognition she deserved.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Jean Simmons certainly was a beauty
Yes indeed and a natural beauty no artificial breasts, botox, trout lips or other artificial 'enhancements' that I am aware of so beloved of todays generation.

I am not a man but I am sure if I was I would prefer a natural woman faults and all
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Now then, I've watched the first episode of Great Expectations and I have to admit that I did enjoy it BUT, having said that, this is the first adaptation I've ever seen of it. To my shame, I have the complete works of Charles Dickens, which are around 80 years old now, but I've never read one of the books, as I find them too difficult to get into.
I watched the first episode of this the other night and really enjoyed it. I'm ashamed to admit though that whilst I had heard of it I dont know the story so can't compare it to the book.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 03:05 AM

What happened to Part 2? I can't find it on catch-up TV so I'm most upsetful now.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

07-01-2012, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
No Molly I wouldn't think Jean Simmons is Thora Hird's daughter!
Janette Scott who married Mel Torme the well known American singer is Thora Hird's daughter.
She was also a very attractive actress in her day.

Aye, sorry about that. One of me many blond moments, except that I'm not blond! Same initials! And I is a Mollie, not a Molly!
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 09:38 AM

Aye, sorry about that. One of me many blond moments, except that I'm not blond! Same initials! And I is a Mollie, not a Molly!
Soz Mollie I do seem to be fond of calling you Mollie with a "y"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top