Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:10 PM

Re: 74 Dead After A Soccer Match

We have had many football fans die in disasters at grounds, none I would have said was aggression towards another fan.
More a case of barriers collapsing or a rush to get through a narrow gap, and as with the Ibrox stadium fans coming down a stairway falling over in the rush and folks at the back not realising there were folks lying in front of them, all of them a tragedy.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
We have had many football fans die in disasters at grounds, none I would have said was aggression towards another fan.
More a case of barriers collapsing or a rush to get through a narrow gap, and as with the Ibrox stadium fans coming down a stairway falling over in the rush and folks at the back not realising there were folks lying in front of them, all of them a tragedy.
The fans from Egypt entered that field armed with rocks, clubs and knives. Their intent was malicious.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Barbarians.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
The fans from Egypt entered that field armed with rocks, clubs and knives. Their intent was malicious.
They did indeed, but they were not there for the football, that is obvious to me.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:39 PM

I too loathe Football Uncle Joe.......Disgusting behaviour from so called Civilised People in the UK. My Grandad used to go the Game most Saturday Afternoons and sometimes took me along with him. It bored me but there was never any carry on at the Match, Fans yelled and Cheered for their Side and all mixed and talked during the Break. When did all this Rioting and Fighting actually start....and WHY?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
They did indeed, but they were not there for the football, that is obvious to me.
Real fans do not behave like this. Sometimes I believe a few people are planted to make trouble for some reason or another. We have been to America to watch Man U playing in New York. There were lots of British fans there and some of the Americans were amazed at how unhooligan like we all were.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:18 PM

Uncle Joe You ask why we were banned by UEFA well here is why
UEFA are always trying to force British National teams i.e. England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, to play in Europe under one banner UK. At the time the UEFA president saw this as a perfect opportunity to apply pressure to the British Federations and at the same time introduced the ill fated foreigner rule to try and prevent British Clubs from ever succeeding again in European competitioons.

Banning British clubs from Europe has always been the first and last refuge of UEFA no matter how minor or major the incident. Dutch Football has around 20 stadium deaths each year and Italien football has around 35 stadium deaths each year yet neither clubs nor country have ever been banned or even proposed to be banned.

Egypt will host the Asia cup and will still be allowed to participate in UEFA sponsored tournaments as were Turkey and Israel after their stadium riots.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 02:27 PM

yeh I rember that Joe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top