Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:10 PM

2012 What's it going to be like?

First of all can I wish all and every one of you a "Happy New Year"

Secondly, if you fancy getting out your crystal ball and looking into the future please feel free to tell us what you see.

I don't have a crystal ball so I can only guess, but FWIW here's a few thoughts:-

UK Unemployment (Will rise steadily until June / July then who knows where it will go)
The Eurozone currency crisis (Will NOT be resolved until December at the earliest and UK will not be in it)
Olympics (Will be hailed a great success, but not by me!)
Wars & Civil strife (Will continue in the Middle East!)
Inflation (Will drop rapidly in Q1 but be back to nearly where it is now by December)
There will be a new President of America (But I haven't got a clue who that might be )
Angela Merkel and Nicolaus Sarkosy will get married

Those of us who manage to make it through to December 2012 are welcome to come back and tell me where I went wrong
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:20 PM

Re: 2012 What's it going to be like?

A Happy New Year to you too, Losos!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 02:10 PM

A happy and healthy New Year to you too Losos and to all our members.

I fear for many people 2012 will be a depressing year with high unemployment and continuing price rises.

Even more reason to retreat from a materialistic world to enjoy a life of simple pleasures which is what I intend to do wherever possible....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 02:56 PM

All the best to you and yours for the new year Losos!
I can sense trouble ahead in the new year, over here they have slapped 100 euro on every house in the country with fines of 3000 euros for not paying on time, already there are mass protests planned for the new year and everybody's really upset about this because we can see it rising to 1000 euro per year very rapidly. Bottom line is it won't be a pleasant year at all, over here anyway, although I wish the rest of you a happier one.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Mags, Meg, Jemflux, dark clouds ahead unfortunately, but I do like the idea of enjoying the simple things, these things (whatever they may be) take all the stress out of life don't they
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 04:41 PM

I think we're all getting used to expecting doom and gloom in the world today. It would be so nice to have something positive to look forward to for a change.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 05:05 PM

A happy new year to you and yours as well Losos.

What does FWIW mean though?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Mags, Meg, Jemflux, dark clouds ahead unfortunately, but I do like the idea of enjoying the simple things, these things (whatever they may be) take all the stress out of life don't they
..walking across the fields with my dog seeing the newborn lambs,
..looking forward to a meal of home made food its scent filling the house,
..watching my garden grow,
..sitting with my feet up listening music or enjoying a good book,
..my Grandchildren's happy faces when they see they have arrived at Nanna's house,
...all simple pleasures which cost very little but are beyond price to me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

17-12-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
A happy new year to you and yours as well Losos.

What does FWIW mean though?
Mollie it means 'for what it's worth' .
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

17-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Mags - The positive thing I'm looking forward to is the four of us (two humans and two cannines) being here in Dec2012and all of the nice people on here (yourself included) as well

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top