Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 10:49 PM

Stupid Ads.

This particular Ad. is driving me nuts all evening, it keeps cropping up during the Agatha Christie film and it doesn't make any sense to me. It shows a woman with a very sore looking underarm after foolishly shaving there, then it tells us that if we use Dove Moisturiser all will be well and in just 7 days YOU WILL HAVE BEAUTIFUL UNDERARMS, no doubt by that time you will need another shave and be sore all over again, it's a vicious circle. I have to shave every day but never under my arms, whats the point?. Anyway who wants to look under a Woman's armpits? or 'What's your new Girlfriend like Harry?". "Not bad Pete, but she's got really beautiful underarms". Who thinks up these stupid Ads. in the first place?.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Re: Stupid Ads.

Oh Jem you do make me laugh
I guess a lot of men aren't interested in a woman's undearm hair, it is more of a personal grooming thing to make a woman feel better.

I don't watch any advertisements if I can help it , most of them annoy me.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 11:44 PM

That ad annoys me too, I cant believe anyone would have red raw skin like that after shaving anywhere. And I dont believe that any anti perspirant would improve it, Im sure it would sting like mad if you put anything on skin that sore.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 01:32 AM

Yes, that ad gets to me too. That woman must have used a very blunt blade to produce that rash! Yet, we all know that it's just a fake rash
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 01:46 AM

I uses cream!

As you know, I haven't switched my telly on since Christmas of 2010 but, when I did, whenever the adverts came on, I hit the mute button, so I've no idea about adverts at all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 10:50 AM

And now Ladies, hands up all those with beautiful underarms!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
And now Ladies, hands up all those with beautiful underarms!
Jem to you wish me to raise my arms so you can have a look
I have to say now I am older I don't bother removing under arm hair unless I am wearing somthing sleevless in the summer
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 12:24 PM

There is not much beautiful about armpits IMO - hence the derogatory saying "the armpits of the World"
However, I try to ensure my ampits are as beautiful as I can make them - given that I am a wrinkley o.a.p. This does mean shaving, creaming and deodorising regularly (same as my legs). Is that too much information? If I was brave enough I would be like many Mediterranian women and not shave my arms and legs at all. Did you know that hairy armpits are considered a thing of beauty by Spanish men
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Well Jem, if you must know I shave under my arms once a week and just use the soap and a razor in the bath, lovely and soft. No creams, nothing and they are smoooooth. That advert gets right up my nose too
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-12-2011, 03:17 PM

Thank you Ladies for enlightening me as I honestly didn't know anything about women's underarms. On the subject of hair again, I found this old photo of me having my legs waxed for charity back in 2000

I was curious to see the procedure and it was painful I can tell you, but not as painful as poor old Derek, the chap with the big black beard, a blond girl who should have been in the SS (only her hands are seen in the picture as the missus looks nervously on), had to use 3 candles to wax him, first she heated the candle then stuck it to his beard just under his ear, then slowly rolled it down his face, 4 men had to hold him down and the screeches of him could be heard in the Isle of Man, or so I'm told by a chap who lives there. Two buckets of Dove moisturiser did not render any relief to the poor fellow, and he told me a week later from his hospital bed that he would never volunteer for anything again, and I can't say I blame him.
I'm only joking, I'm in a giddy mood today finishing off the last of the port, he had it shaved off.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top