Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Walking the Dog.

You hear on the news how quite a few bodies are discovered by people out walking their dogs, indeed many's the poor victim of violence would never be found if it were not for unsuspecting dog walkers and ramblers.
I remember when my Son was a young boy and we were out early one Summer's morning walking our beloved 'Shane' by the royal canal. Suddenly Shane dashed into the hedge at the field beside the canal and started to bark, I followed and discovered this chap lying completely still under the hedge, I shouted to my son to stay where he was, then I gently shook the man's shoulder. He woke up startled and I got the shock of me life, he was homeless, had drank a bottle of something and fell asleep under the hedge. I gave him a quid, went back to my son and straight home to a large brandy.
It made me wonder if anyone else here discovered anything unusual while walking their dogs.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Re: Walking the Dog.

Well not unusual but awful, Our westie had athing about Horse manure, and while on Holiday he was having a lovely time off the lead running about and there it was , just waiting for a little dog to come and rub his neck in it, and he did. We washed him in the river and he had a lovely bright yellow neck and all dog owners all laughed and said we know what he has been doing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 07:36 PM

Our Shane loved the horse manure too Annie, he was a devil for rollin' in it.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 07:41 PM

And it stank for weeks on them afterwards didn't it? No matter how many baths they had. With Bobby's white front that stain was a giveaway.
One Sunday afternoon while walking him along the shingle beach near Poole Quay he ran ahead and in the distance I could see his four legs waving in the air. The smell got worse as we drew nearer, he had found a huge, rotting fish with all it's insides exposed and was rolling over and over in it in ecstacy.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 07:42 PM

I haven't found anyone myself but a friend walking his collie dog early one morning found the body of a man floating in the Leeds and Liverpool canal.
I walk along that stretch of canal regularly but I'm glad he was out walking earlier than me that day
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Phoebe has a love any thing decomposed, she whips it upin her mouth and you have no idea until she gets home and she brings it up on the rug, oh my God, never had a dog like this one, all the others used to roll in anything that smelt.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 08:38 PM

I've found 2 bodies while walking the dog . The first one was just 5 years ago. Taffy was only a pup then & it was the Feb Half term. I was going through the little woods at the side of the park & found a man hanging from a tree. I had to call the ambulance & send another man who had just arrived to the end of the woods to wait for them. I'm glad it was me that found the poor man & not a young child with it being half term the woods were very popular with kids on bikes ect. I had to wait with the ambulance until they had cut him down & wait for the police to come & give them a statement. It turned out he was a local man who had a history of depression.
I was the talk of the park for quite some time after that. I still shudder a bit when I walk past the tree.

The other one was last September - this time I was second on the scene. Somebody else was just phoning the police when I got there. It was a body of a man washed up in the River Mersey. I was walking from Seacombe to New Brighton with Taffy & the tide was just coming in. When the police arrived they moved us away saying it was a crime scene. That one was horrible He was naked, face down & had numerous deep cuts on his legs. When I was walking back to Seacombe later I asked the policeman who was still on site about him. He said he had probably been in the water about 3 weeks & the cuts were Propeller cuts off a boat. I dont know if they ever found out who he was though.
I'm just hoping its not one of those things that go in threes I'd hate to find another one.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-01-2012, 09:08 PM

That must have been terrible for you Lynne, I hope to God you never have to go through that again. Thanks for telling us.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
That must have been terrible for you Lynne, I hope to God you never have to go through that again. Thanks for telling us.
It wasnt very nice. I hope I never have to go through it again as well !!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Lynne, that is just awful!! Hope you don't have to go through that again.

The only strange thing that has happened to me whilst walking the dog, was a man 'flashing' at me, many years ago now - but it has put me off walking through woods by myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top