Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 11:28 PM

I Love My Garden....NOW!!!

Yes its been a hard old flog but now I have the Garden I have always wanted.No more going to other people's house's and thinking ohhhhhh wish mine was nice like that.The thing was I had Chickens...Ducks and Geese and I let them have the run of the Garden.Its a big Garden and I should have kept some back for "me"Anyway the Fox's ended up killing all my Birds except for a few Geese.I was heartbroken as you can imagine but then decided I had to do something about the Garden.It was a flat mud pack basically, no plants or trees at all and so much work needed to be done and plants etc planted.Anyway its taken a good few years but at last im there.Secret Gardens were made...shingle was laid as I didn't want the hassle that grass can bring and the Geese have their own area near the back of the house.We have all farmland behind us and so easy for Fox's to get into the Garden.Now at least they won't find it easy getting to the Geese.Anyway going to put some pictures here and hope you will like them.

http://

Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Re: I Love My Garden....NOW!!!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 11:35 PM

That's lovely, Bonny ..... looks so nice and peaceful there.
Bonny
UK

18-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's lovely, Bonny ..... looks so nice and peaceful there.
Yes it is Mags and so different from the slums I came from in the heart of the East End with the smell of curry coming from the windows of the old buildings behind where I lived and the ugly outlook.Its good when I go back there also for whatever reason as it reminds me how lucky I am now.Its taken a long time getting there Mags but it was worth it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Your garden is lovely Bonny. Does look like a 'secret garden', lots of little paths to wander up and down. What a good view you have over the farmland as well....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Bonny your garden is delightful

I'm envious We're seriously thinking of getting rid of the grass area too. As for foxes, we get a regular pair visit each evening.
Bonny
UK

18-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Your garden is lovely Bonny. Does look like a 'secret garden', lots of little paths to wander up and down. What a good view you have over the farmland as well....
Thanks Merz.I also have lots of small ponds with water plants in them...do have a bigger one for the Geese though lol.Strange story....we buried my Mother In Law's Ashes in the garden and the following year Blue Bells appeared in the area...first year ever and no idea how they got there and now are everywhere....one last thing.My MIL's favourite flower were Blue Bells.
Bonny
UK

18-01-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Bonny your garden is delightful

I'm envious We're seriously thinking of getting rid of the grass area too. As for foxes, we get a regular pair visit each evening.
Thanks love!I have to say the shingle was the best idea as apart from anything else it looks good against the green.But the biggest thing of course is the mowing and when its hot the grass never looking that wonderful.Lets face it we all do things that at a later date we say...oh why did I do that fgs but hand on heart the shingles the best thing I ever did in the Garden and also making it into "secret gardens".Guess it was a dream come true for that little girl from the slums
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 12:02 AM

Your garden looks lovely Bonny, I can see you relaxing and pottering in it Fancy bluebells coming up in your garden where your MIL's ashes are, coincidence or what!!

I have a large garden too with huge lawns and dread the thought of the grass cutting season which will soon be here :
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Your garden looks lovely Bonny, I can see you relaxing and pottering in it Fancy bluebells coming up in your garden where your MIL's ashes are, coincidence or what!!

I have a large garden too with huge lawns and dread the thought of the grass cutting season which will soon be here :
I don't believe in coincidenes babe...things are always for a reason IMOAhhhh I will think of you Marpaul mowing that huge lawn while I sit drinking a lovely cold drink looking at my shingle and thinking.....he,he,he!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top