Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Another rich mans scam

Strange how quiet the right wingers are on the forum, I haven't seen one word about Ed Lester's scam. Daily Mail link See Here
Something stinks big time here, but I see in today's paper it has been stopped, only because the public got wind of it.
What annoys me is that Danny Alexander and David Willetts sanctioned it.
I think they should resign myself.
What do you think???
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Re: Another rich mans scam

Arthur matey, would that be the very same David Willetts who was a junior Minister under Major's government who was caught taking bribes from Al Fayed for asking questions???

I have a Looooonnnnggggg memory and have marked their cards!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 06:51 PM

That is a disgrace Arthur, I hope the students make their feelings known the strongest way they can, Two faced gangster that he is.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:02 PM

I hasten to add, it is a legal scam.
Beats me, we have a guy in court over an alleged tax evasion of £10,00, and yet this is a £40,000 scam being swept under the carpet.
Somebodies head has to roll in my opinion.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Strange how quiet the right wingers are on the forum, I haven't seen one word about Ed Lester's scam. Daily Mail link See Here
Something stinks big time here, but I see in today's paper it has been stopped, only because the public got wind of it.
What do you think???

I think that if you check up there are lots of people doing this and have done so for years.

I also think that if you do further checks you will find that he is to pay his Tax at source now since Danny Alexaner found out and got involved.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
What do you think???
So are you think we are only screwed by conservatives? You must have a short memory...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Power and corruption long time bedfellows that will always stink like an open sewer when someone manages to lift the lid off yet another offender.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

02-02-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I think that if you check up there are lots of people doing this and have done so for years.

I also think that if you do further checks you will find that he is to pay his Tax at source now since Danny Alexaner found out and got involved.
Your first point is absolutely correct, part of the reason this country is in the situation it is, in fact I will go as far as saying if all taxes that have been avoided is paid, we would be out the mire.

On your second point AB, of course he is going to pay it now, they have been caught, and Danny boy still says he knew nothing about it.
Who are they trying to kid???
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

02-02-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
So are you think we are only screwed by conservatives? You must have a short memory...
Not at all, they have all been at it, it is nothing but sheer greed.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:25 PM

You are right - it is greed Wrinkley, dishonest too, but with no particular shame felt by the folks who do it. People who have the money to pay always employ others to find ways, just short of being illegal, so they can avoid or minimise what they should be paying. I believe that this sort of thing is going on all over the place whether Conservatives, Liberals or Labour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top