Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 02:46 PM

Shop lifting.

I have been to Lidl and Wilko today...apparently shop lifting is on the increase,...

The cashier was telling me in Wilko,that they have to keep most of their stock upstairs,because of the thieving ..not really sure what she meant by that.

Is it easy for people to steal from stores like this nowadays ?

Is it to do with drug addiction...families on benefits?

I am trying to get my head around it all.

I know a lot of stealing goes on in Lidl,as I have seen it with my own eyes,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Re: Shop lifting.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have been to Lidl and Wilko today...apparently shop lifting is on the increase,...

The cashier was telling me in Wilko,that they have to keep most of their stock upstairs,because of the thieving ..not really sure what she meant by that.

Is it easy for people to steal from stores like this nowadays ?

Is it to do with drug addiction...families on benefits?

I am trying to get my head around it all.

I know a lot of stealing goes on in Lidl,as I have seen it with my own eyes,
Lidl does tend to be the supermarket of choice for people from certain areas of Europe.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 07:10 PM

I saw a woman walk out of Morrisons through the exit doors with a trolley piled high with food etc . My my senses told me it was wrong so I called a member of staff and told him he told me I was wrong saying a lot of customers dont use bags I insisted he get the manager . I watched her walk to the car park and she knew I knew , just then two managers arrived , she turned around and walked back into the store and bit by bit started dumping food back around the store . ( I was told this later when I saw the manager ) she left the shop empty handed and when the total stock was added up that was left IN the trolley it was over £200 worth so had she got away she would had had over £300 of stolen goods .
She was well dressed around 30 very ladylike too .

I was offered a job as store detective which I turned down .

Instinct is always right
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 07:17 PM

I once saw an old lady take a small tin of salmon in Safeways.
I didn't say anything
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 07:30 PM

I do most of my shoplifting in pound shops as not to rack up a big debt to society.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I do most of my shoplifting in pound shops as not to rack up a big debt to society.
That genuinely made both of us laugh!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 07:39 PM

I've heard it said that at one time shoplifting would result in twenty-five years if done in Belfast.

Mind it was for lifting Woolworths eighteen inches into the air!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I saw a woman walk out of Morrisons through the exit doors with a trolley piled high with food etc . My my senses told me it was wrong so I called a member of staff and told him he told me I was wrong saying a lot of customers dont use bags I insisted he get the manager . I watched her walk to the car park and she knew I knew , just then two managers arrived , she turned around and walked back into the store and bit by bit started dumping food back around the store . ( I was told this later when I saw the manager ) she left the shop empty handed and when the total stock was added up that was left IN the trolley it was over £200 worth so had she got away she would had had over £300 of stolen goods .
She was well dressed around 30 very ladylike too .

I was offered a job as store detective which I turned down .

Instinct is always right

Wow!...never seen anything like that Susan....I have seen some mothers,putting items of food underneath their pram,then walking out with it...I did report one,...but the cashier didn't seem to take much notice.

I would not like to be a store detective...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-10-2019, 08:11 PM

Shop lifting is definitely on the increase in supermarkets.

Did anyone ever see the documentary,about the millionaire shop lifter?

Most of what she stole,were designer labels.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 08:36 PM

I thought that most major stores these days had sensors at the exit that could pick up on items that had not been scanned. I've seen it happen.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top