Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 02:10 PM

Re: Snorers and earplugs

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I use these regularly:

Classic earplugs are made from a soft energy absorbing polymer foam

Allows the user to roll the plug down for easy insertion into the ear canal

Plugs will expand slowly to form a comfortable seal against noise

Ideal for use where ever noise is a problem, either in work or leisure activities

SNR = 28dB; H = 30dB; M = 24 dB; L = 22dB (whatever they mean)

Available everywhere, including Amazon and Ebay .....
I will order ,thanks .
Although I'm completely deaf in one ear it isn't possible for me to sleep on one side all night .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I will order ,thanks .
Although I'm completely deaf in one ear it isn't possible for me to sleep on one side all night .
The way I use the earplugs is to roll one end between thumb and forefinger, thus forming a "cone" shape. Insert the earplug into the ear (I actually "squash" it in as far as it will go but you should test one a few times to establish your preference) and it will expand to fit.

They rarely come out in the night but I keep spares by the bedside in case they do.

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 12:01 PM

At a guess I'd say the ear canals of us humans vary so much it's not possible for one design or size to fit all ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
At a guess I'd say the ear canals of us humans vary so much it's not possible for one design or size to fit all ?
Indeed - earbuds (for listening to music, say) just won't stay in my ears .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 01:58 PM

I just use toilet paper.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

20-10-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I just use toilet paper.
Fresh, I hope .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Fresh, I hope .....
Of course and not all at once.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 03:31 PM

HWMO always falls asleep before me. I find that he tends to snore if he is lying on his back, but the moment he turns on his side he stops. So I always ensure he is on his side before he falls asleep, and by the time he is on his back again whilst asleep, I will have fallen asleep too and oblivious!
Zuleika
North West UK

20-10-2019, 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1804079]HWMO always falls asleep before me. I find that he tends to snore if he is lying on his back, but the moment he turns on his side he stops. So I always ensure he is on his side before he falls asleep, and by the time he is on his back again whilst asleep, I will have fallen asleep too and oblivious![/QUOTE] So he doesn't waken you up even tho he's on his back again
Zuleika
North West UK

21-10-2019, 04:46 PM

Friend has given me a pair to try marked small, rolled them up as smal as I could but I can still hear sounds .
Does this mean I need a different size or I havn't put them in properly ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top