Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 07:36 PM

Re: Do you.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Go to the pub?

Personally I think men frequent pubs more than woman.

It must be a man thing....am I being sexist?..sorry if I am.

Who wants to sit at a bar and drink beer..or spirits.

I think I may know the answer...I think some do it,to get away from a nagging wife...I could be wrong though..

Just a bit of silly fun....serious of fun answers are fine...or even none at all...
The only time I go is with my dear wife and usually for a meal in a dog friendly.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why do you think some men sit at a bar ,drinking beer alone?

again I think some men do it,to get away from the MRS...just curious that is all...I know my dad did...he went there for peace.
Imo the only thing worse than a pub with no beer is a pub with
no people Pauline, the pub l use occasionally always has a group
of blokes, and one or two ladies, no matter what day it is!
And the conversation and humour are outstanding generally, which
is why l drop in sometimes!
Regards Donkeyman!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 08:35 PM

I wouldn’t be got dead in a pub, nothing but dens of iniquity and filth!
I took the pledge at my confirmation and n’er a drop has passed my lips before nor since, don’t smoke either and I make all my own dresses, knit my own jumpers, and go to bed at 7pm every night.

That’s what a girl once said to me when I asked her out for a drink, boy was I glad she refused, imagine being stuck with that all evening.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 09:14 PM

I go to one of our local pubs with my wife and son for a meal maybe once every couple of weeks.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by jem ->
i wouldn’t be got dead in a pub, nothing but dens of iniquity and filth!
I took the pledge at my confirmation and n’er a drop has passed my lips before nor since, don’t smoke either and i make all my own dresses, knit my own jumpers, and go to bed at 7pm every night.

That’s what a girl once said to me when i asked her out for a drink, boy was i glad she refused, imagine being stuck with that all evening.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 09:15 PM

I think the last time I was in a pub just for a drink was with OH but I can't remember when it was other than it was in the afternoon after a shopping trip. If I or we go to a pub it's only to sit and have a pub lunch. I go hiking with a group every so often and then we always have a pub stop for lunch.

It's funny but in my early youth the whole social life revolved around the pub. We'd go down the pub on a Friday or Saturday and then someone or other would be having a party where we would all likely crash for the night oftentimes as getting a taxi home was too dear. Everyone knew everyone else and if you didn't know someone you'd soon end up making friends (or more than friends!). Some of my oldest and nicest friends are from that crowd. A pub was a place of good times and friendship and warmth.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 10:03 PM

Great Title Pauline, the Pub has gone, a one off place in time, glad I was there, it is no more.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 07:07 AM

Only if we are on holiday we might pop into the Pub, but never on my own.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 08:55 AM

I used to go to the pub with friends when I was younger but I haven’t been to one in decades now. Plus I’m not really a drinker
I don’t really know why others go
Women don’t usually go into pubs on their own and for good reason
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:08 AM

In my early 20s I used to go with the brother sometimes, when he was home on leave, but didn't enjoy it very much. Pubs, quite naturally, smelled of beer (yuk), smoke (double yuk) and BO (triple yuk) and the most exciting food available was cheese and onion crisps.

Much different now - apart from the beer smell - most of them seem to serve food and there is no smoking allowed so that is a bonus. A couple of months back I ventured into one for a lunchtime sandwich - it was revolting and a rip off,but it was the only place open at the time. Not something I would care to repeat.

Certainly I would never, ever, go into a pub at night on my own.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top