Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 02:32 PM

Random acts of kindness!

I was reduced to tears in Waitrose this morning.... but happy tears.

At the checkout the lady in front of me, who I had exchanged a very brief conversation with, bought a beautiful Poinsettia plant & paid for it. Before she left the shop she said to me " This plant is for you, to thank you for your friendly smile"
I was so surprised that I managed to say thank you & she then left the shop.

Everybody around us was saying " What a beautiful thing to do. We should do things like that more often"
I had to quickly find a tissue for my tears, so to follow her example I put £5 in a Cancer research box that a lady in the store was using to raise funds.

Perhaps some of you would like to continue a chain by doing a random act of kindness yourselves. It is a lovely experience, being on the receiving end.... and it doesn't even have to involve money!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Re: Random acts of kindness!

That's a lovely story Twink

Not quite matching your story but when I was in Waitrose I swapped a bag for life which had a hole in it and told the assistant in passing that I lost a bottle of pickling spice through the hole, it rolled under a car and I couldn't get it so she gave me another jar for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 03:04 PM

Hi

What a lovely thing to happen Twink.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's a lovely story Twink

Not quite matching your story but when I was in Waitrose I swapped a bag for life which had a hole in it and told the assistant in passing that I lost a bottle of pickling spice through the hole, it rolled under a car and I couldn't get it so she gave me another jar for free
Customer service is usually good at Waitrose & it was nice to hear that they replaced your pickling spice Meg, but believe me you are almost stuck dumb when the gift comes from another customer , who is a complete stranger to you.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 03:10 PM

How wonderful was that, what a kind person.

I must admit and couple of weeks ago, Rob and I offered to cut down a Woman's hedge opposite us for her as we knew she couldn't do it herself and she didn't have the money to get someone in.

So we did it for her, she was so grateful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

15-11-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What a lovely thing to happen Twink.
It certainly was Swim! I was very grateful that I hadn't bothered to put any make up on though, as the tears arrived without warning!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Nice story,...I find most Folks 'pass it on' every day of Their Lives with a smile,a good morning,how are You,a hug,a wave..so,..I'm 'passing it on' : xx
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

15-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
How wonderful was that, what a kind person.

I must admit and couple of weeks ago, Rob and I offered to cut down a Woman's hedge opposite us for her as we knew she couldn't do it herself and she didn't have the money to get someone in.

So we did it for her, she was so grateful.
I am sure she was Susie! I always think that acts of kindness make lots of people, other than the recipient, feel good too!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

15-11-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Nice story,...I find most Folks 'pass it on' every day of Their Lives with a smile,a good morning,how are You,a hug,a wave..so,..I'm 'passing it on' : xx
Thanks May! I agree that kindness can come in many forms & a smile doesn't cost a penny, but still makes people happy.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 03:53 PM

You were the recipient of a special act of kindness, Twink. You will never forget it.

These random acts of kindness are making people aware that it takes so little time and effort to treat each other as you would like to be treated. Actually, it doesn't take any effort to react to others with a smile, a nod, gentle help, just even a note of thanks.

Keeps me warm everyday to do a kindness, and to receive one. Let's don't take this for granted. I love it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top