Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 09:13 AM

Re: 10 km walk today

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I know the feeling, when I was in Katherine five RAAF fighter jets screamed over in a loose formation (I assume they were RAAF unless we have been invaded and someone forgot to tell us). I tried to take a quick pic and ended up with two of them as dots in the distance

10ks is pretty brave.
You would think they´d have the courtesy to hang around for a few seconds to give the cameras a chance wouldn´t you? I did get a really clear photo of wing tips on one photo, just in one corner of a photo, I don´t know about 10 k being brave, but I now know how it must feel to be lost in a desert and come across a cool shady café
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Nice to see your photos it adds to the story, there is a place in Spain ive always fancied visiting Coto Donana. Famous for its wetlands and birdlife.
Thank you Nom. We have many Salinas (salt lakes) around us, almost all now turned over to wild life and conservation, there are very many water birds and others, hides too dotted around. I´m no bird expert but I know a Flamingo when I see one and I just love them. I think this is where you want to go: it must be a wonderful place for the true bird watchers.

http://www.andalucia.com/environment/protect/donana.htm
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

17-05-2016, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You'll sleep well tonight Clumsy.
I thought I would be out like a light Carol, but no, probably overtired but I couldn´t sleep so I was reading until around 4 a.m., then I slept Today we are going to Rebate then on to the lakes at Torremendo, no 10 mile hike though !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top