Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:12 AM

Will put any one-off smoking

This must put anyone off smoking .
Should be shown in schools .

https://usefultipsfor.me/health-tips...y2UHM7rkZbVyvs
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:30 AM

Re: Will put any one-off smoking

They did show us a film of lungs filling up with tar etc when I was at school in the 70s. We all said never, but it did not stop many of us taking up smoking in the 80s Fact is that the smoking ban in pubs and restaurants & increases in tax have done far more for smoking cessation than any visual shockers. Most people I know stopped because it's now considered anti-social. It's just no longer cool. A brilliant negative PR achievement.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 07:09 AM

I have never smoked nor felt the desire too.
I was at school in the sixties and everyone knew the dangers then .
Why young people smoke today is beyond my comprehension .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's just no longer cool. .
That's not my perception. I see lots of young kids, probably aged 16 upwards who are happily smoking in groups. I hate to see it but they will have to learn life's lessons in their own time.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:42 PM

It took me years, on and off.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:59 PM

It's awful isn't it. I quit 11 years ago and so glad I did but unfortunately my lungs are damaged from the years I did smoke, I was diagnosed with COPD last year but only mild. I keep thinking had I not quit all those years ago I may be in a bad way.

I wish
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That's not my perception. I see lots of young kids, probably aged 16 upwards who are happily smoking in groups. I hate to see it but they will have to learn life's lessons in their own time.
Perhaps they do that but they don't look cool, but they do look stupid huddling in the cold. Many these days hang out in groups vaping rather than smoking. I think that is harmful too but that they won't prove it for years. Any inhaled chemical is harmful.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Perhaps they do that but they don't look cool, but they do look stupid huddling in the cold. Many these days hang out in groups vaping rather than smoking. I think that is harmful too but that they won't prove it for years. Any inhaled chemical is harmful.
In groups = peer pressure.

I gave up smoking small cigars about ten years ago, but the main driving force was the expense rather than the expanse (of my lungs).

I'm still poor, though!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-10-2019, 11:55 PM

Just resurrecting this thread because of the news today. Vaping is officially harmful. I knew it! Unbelievable that it's still being supported as better than cigarettes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:03 AM

Just resurrecting this thread because of the news today. Vaping is officially harmful. I knew it! Unbelievable that it's still being supported as better than cigarettes.

I said about this somwhere, a while back Annie.
I had read about 5 deaths in America at the time, though apparently their vaping liquids contain something (I've forgotten the name), that is banned in this country.

Then on todays news it said about the death here now as well.
I don't want to seem a pessimist, but I suspect this is only the beginning.

I stand by what I said before, and that is they cannot know the long term effects of vaping until it has been on the market long term.
Vapers now are their guinea pigs IMO while the companies are raking in the profits!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top