Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:54 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think it is David Cameron who we need to look to blame for this debacle. I believe that he didn't think for one minute that a referendum would result in a leave vote. He is the arrogant barsteward who has got us into this and then bobbied off out of the responsibility for seeing the vote through. Therea May, by taking on leadership, certainly accepted a poison chalice IMO and I think if anyone else had taken the leadership folks would be saying the same about them. I think it is an almost impossible situation to be in - damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Perhaps you should stop blaming those working hard to save your country. Put some blame at your own door, those who voted for leave and are too stubborn to admit they made the wrong choice.
None of your politicians has the courage to take over from May, with an intention to go for a no-deal brexit. No one wants to go into the history books as the one who made the UK fal out of the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Perhaps you should stop blaming those working hard to save your country. Put some blame at your own door, those who voted for leave and are too stubborn to admit they made the wrong choice.
None of your politicians has the courage to take over from May, with an intention to go for a no-deal brexit. No one wants to go into the history books as the one who made the UK fal out of the EU.
I believe Aerolor voted remain. I also voted remain and totally agree that this shambles is all Cameron's fault. I don't see him working hard to save the country. He disappeared as soon as the result came in.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I believe Aerolor voted remain. I also voted remain and totally agree that this shambles is all Cameron's fault. I don't see him working hard to save the country. He disappeared as soon as the result came in.
So far on this forum everybody blames everyone and anyone, but never puts even a piece of the blame with him/herself. The same for the politicians. That was what I was referring at.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:13 PM

Stil you are going to have one. Wait and see.
I can't see it happening. I don't believe May will have a vote of no confidence. I think she convinced the house that she has done her best with an impossible task

It was always clear to remain voters that this exercise would leave us worse off in our relationship with the EU. That we would have less control, less prosperity, less certainty for our business sector.

I am sure leave voters recognised that too, but did not put enough importance on it. The way some people here were talking you'd think that we would cease trading with the EU and manage without them. Clearly the importance of the trading links and legal framework is becoming more apparent to voters.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-11-2018, 10:17 PM

So far on this forum everybody blames everyone and anyone, but never puts even a piece of the blame with him/herself. The same for the politicians. That was what I was referring at.
I have no idea how you think remain voters are to blame for Brexit? Other than Cameron who started the whole shambles by declaring a referendum with no plan B and to save his political skin because he only won the election on the promise he would hold it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, I take that back.

Although it has often been said that she is attempting to please everyone, it is becoming clearer that her real intention was to keep us in the EU.

She was always a remainer, and still is.

It was always clear that she did not want us to leave the EU - she did not conceal that. What she is trying her best to do is secure the best deal she can for the country. I don't think she is doing this for her ego. She could quite easily resign like Cameron and leave everyone to it. I have to admire her tenacity and stamina. The easy route must look very attractive and I'm sure she doesn't need the paycheque.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:24 PM

I did not vote to leave the EU - see my post previous to this one. My heart sank when I heard the vote result. I think this country should now get behind Theresa May and appreciate what she is trying to do instead of bludgeoning her. I think she could do a decent job of damage limitation if folks in our political arena let her get on with it instead of arguing and pushing for positions to advance their careers.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I did not vote to leave the EU - see my post previous to this one. My heart sank when I heard the vote result. I think this country should now get behind Theresa May and appreciate what she is trying to do instead of bludgeoning her. I think she could do a decent job of damage limitation if folks in our political arena let her get on with it instead of arguing and pushing for positions to advance their careers.
I agree, damage limitation is the best we can hope for. The short sighted and narrow minded have done their best to make it even worse than it is now.
I am certainly not a supporter of the Tory party but I think she has done the best she could.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-11-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I agree, damage limitation is the best we can hope for. The short sighted and narrow minded have done their best to make it even worse than it is now.
I am certainly not a supporter of the Tory party but I think she has done the best she could.
I'm not a tory voter, but I admire her backbone. Nick Ferrari made a point of noting her attention to detail after the interview this morning. It's that attention to detail and what appears to be a photographic memory that enables her to shut down her opponents. She seems to have a lot of loyal allies despite the situation.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 09:18 AM

I would like to thank Aerolor & AnnieS for their intelligent posts on this thread.

Both voted to remain, yet accepted the Leave vote and are now doing what we should all be doing.....working together to get the best deal we can!
We all have different ideas on Brexit , but there is no point in expecting all that we want, because the EU want to do the same, so we can both only get some of what we want if we want a deal.( most experts will say that a "No Deal" will be financially far worse )

Brexit is just like a divorce! If we just split without any negotiated agreement everybody will suffer... so there needs to be some give and take from both sides.
Divorce affects the whole family, just as Brexit affects the whole country, and the only way to get the best result is to work together for everybody, rather than both sides going into further battle.
Theresa May said " Brexit means Brexit " but the EU don't want other members to do the same, so they are making it difficult. Once we leave we will be in a better position, even if it takes an extra couple of years to iron out the creases.
Isn't it time we all worked together for a decent outcome, rather than having tantrums to get exactly what we want? That is the only way we will be seen as a united country and be shown respect!

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top