Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Re: Do you send Christmas Cards ?

Thanks Dave
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Silver, you made 120 cards? Wow, that is a lot....you must have a lot of friends. They are all lucky to get one of your home made cards, they are the best I have ever seen anywhere....

Way to go silver
It's a labour of love, Blue, I just love making cards.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:05 AM

I can't believe you've all sent your cards out already!! I thought I was getting on quite well with the Christmas thing this year, but am now at the point of panicking!

To answer the question tho - I sent my international cards yesterday..........only a few of those; probably 20 UK cards.........and maybe 30 local hand delivered. There are also those people I keep in touch with purely electronically - so I use Jacqui Lawson to send cards - both for Christmas and birthdays.............and suspect I'll be using electronic cards more and more in the future as postage costs increase.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 06:55 AM

The Jacqui Lawson cards are lovely and very clever - but so impersonal. I would be sad if all my friends sent those.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 07:10 AM

That's so true .
They leave no impression they are not tangible .
So few things are tangible these days .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The Jacqui Lawson cards are lovely and very clever - but so impersonal. I would be sad if all my friends sent those.
Do you think so? They can be personalised - there's an option to put whatever message you want.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-12-2018, 08:15 AM

I think they are nice and good if you forget or are far away .
I am just old fashioned and used to like to see Christmas cards in a room .
But things change perhaps the time the of cards is past .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 09:13 AM

I would be sad to receive no cards at Christmas - so yes I send them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Oh I love to receive and give cards, to me it means someone took the time to think about me as I think about them. This year is the first time I have made my own and like our tabby have thoroughly enjoyed the time and effort I put into it, I hope my friends like my cards. My best friend is mad about owls so I get made her one with owls on it.

I hand deliver mine but post ones to my internet friends in America and Canada and my auntie in America.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 12:37 AM

I feel a bit sad.
I decided to write my Christmas cards tonight. There was one long time friend, Linda that l only ‘found again’ about six years ago.
We said we must meet but we never got around to it, then she moved from Eastbourne to Norfolk and that was even further still.
Last year, l didn’t receive a Christmas card from her, l thought it was strange as she always referred to me as her ‘lifelong friend’. I thought perhaps she had lost my address in the move or she had moved again?
Tonight, for some reason l thought l would ‘google’ her husband’s name as sometimes you can get an address off 192, in case they had moved again.
To my shock, the first thing that came up was an obituary notice for my friend Linda. She had died last year.......

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top