Join for free
Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:41 PM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Lol you think Arty ?
Its a conspiracy I tell you!!
Ive been out in the sun all this year and im still on having to take high dose Vit D ....why????
Aysa, l am LOLing at your LOL!
Should l have said, ‘know’ instead of ‘think’?

I was told the reason l needed Vitamin D, even though, l ate lots of food containing Vitamin D was because l wasn’t absorbing it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Are they not prescribing Vit K along with it?!
Realist, l have never been offered, or instructed to take Vitamin K. Should l have been?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:51 PM

I'm phoning my surgery to leave a message asking GP should I be taking vitK too...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Realist, l have never been offered, or instructed to take Vitamin K. Should l have been?
Some research to consider:

https://info.dralexrinehart.com/arti...its-connection

Another here:

https://www.drstevenlin.com/how-to-c...k2-supplement/

"Taking a Vitamin D3 supplement without K2 can have disastrous effect, as Vitamin D creates need for Vitamin K2 in the body.

As a guide, you should take 45mcg of Vitamin K2 per 1000 IU of Vitamin D3."

"Take your Vitamin K2 supplement with your dinner that includes dietary fat or at bedtime, 8 to 12 hours after you take your Vitamin D3.

Most people take their D3 with breakfast and K2 at dinner time and this seems sensible, as some research shows that D3 is more effective if not taken at the same time as K2."

If you want a more mainstream link then here's one from NCBI:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5613455/

"Given the fact that 25(OH)D is converted to 1,25(OH)D, vitamin D supplementation stimulates the production of 1,25(OH)D [72]. This means that long-term vitamin D supplementation could promote the production of large amounts of vitamin K-dependent proteins, which remain inactive because there is not enough vitamin K to carboxylate (Figure 1()). We propose a new hypothesis that if vitamin D concentrations are constantly high, there might not be enough vitamin K for activation of vitamin K-dependent proteins. Consequently, excess vitamin D diminishes the ability of vitamin K-dependent proteins to function properly, to stimulate bone mineralization, and to inhibit soft tissue calcification"

"increasing vitamin D intake through dietary or supplemental source increases intestinal calcium absorption, particularly when combined with calcium supplementation, and promotes hypercalcemia "

"Increased calcium intake by itself may not be problematic as long as there is a steady state between optimal vitamin D and vitamin K concentrations. The disbalance between vitamin D and vitamin K promotes an environment in which excess calcium will be deposited into our vascular tissue instead of bone. "
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 09:11 AM

I just read this about K2...on the internet.

Is Too Much Vitamin k2 bad for you?
If you have diabetes and take vitamin K1*, monitor your blood sugar levels closely.
* Vit K1 is found in most leafy vegetables
Kidney disease: Too much vitamin K can be harmful if you are receiving dialysis treatments due to kidney disease. ... In fact, high doses of vitamin K can make clotting problems worse in these people.

You can get your vitamins from a balanced diet, things like butter, egg yolks, dark chicken meat & cheese provide K2, so most don't need supplements.
Sadly, no matter how many " healthy foods" you eat, you will still die eventually!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 10:45 AM

I take vitamin K occasionally to clot my blood please don't take it unless you really need it and you can only find out with a blood test. If you bruise very easily and bleed more than normal you might need the blood test. But normally no one needs a supplement unless they have a blot clotting disease.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I started taking a dose of Meritene every day. It's made a hell of a difference to me, feel so much more awake and ready to boogie these days. It comes in soups, shakes, and a ready mixed bottle. You can get it from Boots, Amazon or Ebay, maybe other places have it too, I just go with Amazon and often a Seller has a good deal on for a short time.
Contains no added sugars and is considered gluten free.
This product is new to me Rox but it’s now wonder you are feeling bettter. It appears to be a great product.
The soup has added glucose but at 5 grams, that’s super good.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Contains no added sugars and is considered gluten free.
This product is new to me Rox but it’s now wonder you are feeling bettter. It appears to be a great product.
The soup has added glucose but at 5 grams, that’s super good.
See my post #115

Some of those products have horrendous levels of sugars as shown on the nutrition labels. 5g of sugar is over a teaspoonful. Personally I think it's completely unnecessary and unhealthy to put sugary ingredients into soups, but it presumably helps them sell more product to make $$$.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
See my post #115

Some of those products have horrendous levels of sugars as shown on the nutrition labels. 5g of sugar is over a teaspoonful. Personally I think it's completely unnecessary and unhealthy to put sugary ingredients into soups, but it presumably helps them sell more product to make $$$.
Yes I did see your post #115

The items Rox inquired about were the shakes and soups. The shakes have no added sugar. All sugars are naturally occurring however they added saccharine which is artificial sugar. I hadn’t seen that earlier and the soup has a mere 5 grams of sugar per serving which is incredibly good.

Sugars displayed are TOTAL sugars, meaning glucose, fructose, saccharine etc

She states that she feels much better using them and that’s the most important thing.The only things I saw in it that were questionable was added colour and saccharine. Artificial colour and sugars aren’t so good but other than that the amount of nutrients are impressive.

It doesn’t really matter what ‘you’ think.
You aren’t taking it; she is and it appears to be working well did her.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes I did see your post #115

The items Rox inquired about were the shakes and soups. The shakes have no added sugar. All sugars are naturally occurring however they added saccharine which is artificial sugar. I hadn’t seen that earlier and the soup has a mere 5 grams of sugar per serving which is incredibly good.

Sugars displayed are TOTAL sugars, meaning glucose, fructose, saccharine etc

She states that she feels much better using them and that’s the most important thing.The only things I saw in it that were questionable was added colour and saccharine. Artificial colour and sugars aren’t so good but other than that the amount of nutrients are impressive.

It doesn’t really matter what ‘you’ think.
You aren’t taking it; she is and it appears to be working well did her.
Bratti, I wouldn't bother to argue with him! We are all sensible enough to make our own decisions on what we put into our bodies and we don't need somebody, who knows nothing about our personal health, telling us what we are doing wrong.
I always think that a good debate is with somebody who is prepared to listen to the other side of the argument..... but that will never happen if they have such fixed ideas.
We should all do what we feel is right, and if in doubt, ask somebody, who is qualified, to answer our questions!

Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top