Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 02:42 PM

Not the best of days.

Hi

My washing machine, my trusty Samsung, has given up the ghost, after 14 years.

It is not repairable, it has shorted out with a full load in it.

The water cut off tap is stuck solid, had to turn all the water off to remove the machine and fix a new cut off tap.

I have to drive to Market Drayton tomorrow to get a new one at the right price.

The casing for the Aquarium Base has been delivered, but is not the colour I ordered, so that has to go back.

I am not a happy womble.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 04:04 PM

Re: Not the best of days.

Not good swim, in a hard water area like we are we have had numerous machines over the years, I'd recommend bosch for longevity it's doing very well in our kitchen.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Jayzus SF,You seem to live Your Life in constant turmoil..get Yerself away for a wee break in the sun
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Jayzus SF,You seem to live Your Life in constant turmoil..get Yerself away for a wee break in the sun
Hi

I'm fine May.

At least my curtains weren't damaged.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 04:40 PM

That's bad news SFD...I'd be lost without my washing machine. I have a cheap Beko (i mean cheap, the cheapest you can get) after the last one which only lasted 5 years.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 07:09 PM

That's no good, SF.

It's a shame that appliances and people just aren't as dependable as they used to be .

In 2016 I replaced my dishwasher, all shiny and technologically advanced, but made of cheap plastic parts - three times. Grrrrr.

That said, I have the same clothes dryer that I purchased in 1985. I have moved with it all over the country and across the Pacific and back. Like me, it's a little worn around the edges...but it's still drying clothes like the first day I had it. I keep telling everyone that if they want to bury me in it that would be fine, but it might well last another generation.

Good luck shopping!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top