Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Re: Smart meters yay or nay.

Eventually everyone will have to have one, whether we like it or not, unless we want to go back cooking over a camp fire. We have one installed, it came with the house and my hair hasn't turned luminous green, although it does stick up a bit in the mornings. No health issues so far after three years and the bills are about the same. If we are all plugged into the matrix, why should we worry?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Eventually everyone will have to have one, whether we like it or not, unless we want to go back cooking over a camp fire. We have one installed, it came with the house and my hair hasn't turned luminous green, although it does stick up a bit in the mornings. No health issues so far after three years and the bills are about the same. If we are all plugged into the matrix, why should we worry?
My great grandfather back in the 20s refused to have a radio in his house because of the radio waves that would effect his brain.

Sadly he died at 97 when at the seaside a wave knocked him over.

Had been announced over the Radio that the sea would be rough that day.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Health issues? What health issues? don't they just use the mobile phone network?
lol

These masts also "just use the mobile network" . . .

But I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy if they tried to strap one to the side of your house right ?!

So the salient issue here is the strength of the mobile element of the meter and many anti-smart meter resources will tell you that this signal is far stronger than your mobile phone and if effectively switched on 24x7 (contrary to the lame assertions of energy companies who placate customers by saying its only active for a couple of minutes a day!).

Here's some info:

https://emwatch.com/smart-meter-radi...s-your-health/

"Another cause for concern is that your smart meter may not just be used to tell the utility about YOUR electricity consumption, but about your neighbour’s too. And your neighbour’s neighbour, and his neighbour, and so on.

You see, your neighbour’s smart meter may be out of radio range, his signal strength too low to reach the supplier’s antenna. But your smart meter would be nearby. So his smart meter could talk to yours, and yours could pass the message on to another neighbour’s smart meter, and so on.

All of this means that smart meter transmissions could become much more frequent."
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 09:31 PM

So smart meters could damage ones health with the EMF. Hummm.. So what about the mobile phone that was also supposed to do your brain in as you hold it close to your head?
There are a lot of devices the transmitt EMF. Arrrrg.. This iPad I am using is TXing to and from my WiFi. QRT I am off to watch the TV.. No that is also sending our EMF, is the wireless safe?
I know how to make the wireless safe.
You get a matchbox and put in 3 wires. Take 1 wire out and there you have a wire less. 🙄🤪
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 10:13 PM

About 2 miles from here is a TV/Radio mast transmitting in the kilowatt range 24 hours a day and I am not worried about the health aspects of that, smart meters are the least of my worries.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
My great grandfather back in the 20s refused to have a radio in his house because of the radio waves that would effect his brain.

Sadly he died at 97 when at the seaside a wave knocked him over.

Had been announced over the Radio that the sea would be rough that day.
Brilliant!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
lol

These masts also "just use the mobile network" . . .

But I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy if they tried to strap one to the side of your house right ?!
I would be delighted if they strapped one to the side of my house. Radio signals are affected by the inverse square law ie double the distance half the power.

What is more concerning to humans is not the tower but the transmitter next to your head - your phone, a few mm from your brain. The closer the transmission tower the less power the phone puts out.

Still, I suppose your foil beanie protects you from this radiation.

The really stupid thing about your suggestion is that if you are actually under the tower the signal strength is at its minimum because the antennae radiate downward only something like 3 degrees so underneath them there is very little signal. While the people over the road would benefit from the tower strapped to my house I would actually be in a nul zone so if you you were worried about phone tower radiation the safest thing to do is have one mounted on your house.

Why would the signal from the meter need to be any stronger than your mobile phone?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top